Current Watches and Warnings
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 2:44 PM CDT on August 04, 2015
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on August 06, 2015
... Flash Flood Watch in effect from Wednesday morning through
The National Weather Service in St Louis has issued a
* Flash Flood Watch for portions of Illinois and Missouri...
including the following counties... in Illinois... Bond IL...
Clinton IL... Madison IL... Marion IL... Monroe IL... Randolph
IL... St. Clair IL and Washington IL. In Missouri... Boone MO...
Callaway MO... Cole MO... Crawford MO... Franklin MO... Gasconade
MO... Iron MO... Jefferson MO... Madison MO... Moniteau MO...
Montgomery MO... Osage MO... Reynolds MO... St. Charles MO... St.
Francois MO... St. Louis city MO... St. Louis MO... Ste.
Genevieve MO... Warren MO and Washington MO.
* From Wednesday morning through Thursday morning
* multiple rounds of showers and thunderstorms will bring
widespread rainfall amounts of 2 to 3 inches to the region
Wednesday morning through late Wednesday night. Locally higher
amounts are expected where thunderstorms repeatedly move across
the same locations.
* Heavy rainfall may result in flooding of low lying or poor
drainage areas... and ultimately dangerous flash flooding on
smaller creeks and streams. Significant rises on larger streams
and rivers will also be possible.
A Flash Flood Watch means that flash flooding is possible but not
imminent in the watch area. People in the watch area should be
aware of the possibility of heavy rainfall and flash flooding.
Check your preparedness requirements... especially if you live in
flood prone areas. Stay informed... and be ready for quick action
if flooding is observed or if a Flash Flood Warning is issued.
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Excessive Heat Warning , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- California - Wind Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Heat Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Hydrologic Statement , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory, Areal Flood Advisory , High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - Tropical Storm Watch , Flash Flood Watch , High Surf Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Kansas - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Kentucky - Flash Flood Watch
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Nebraska - Flood Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Nevada - Record Report
- North Carolina - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Oklahoma - Heat Advisory
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- South Carolina - Heat Advisory , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning , Heat Advisory , Special Statement
- Utah - Record Report
- Washington - Fire Weather Warning
- Wyoming - Record Report