Current Watches and Warnings
Alaska, Eastern Norton Sound and Nulato Hills
Coastal Flood Warning
Statement as of 1:53 PM AKDT on September 27, 2016
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on September 29, 2016
... Coastal Flood Warning remains in effect from midnight tonight
to 4 am akdt Thursday...
* location... Norton Sound. Primarily around Unalakleet and
* Storm surge... 3 to 5 feet.
* Coastal flooding... high surf will combine with the storm surge
to produce minor coastal flooding which will inundate some low
lying areas. No extensive flooding is expected.
* Timing... strong west winds will push and hold water in the
sound through Wednesday then turn from the south allowing the
water to Ebb.
* Impacts... minor coastal flooding along with minor beach
erosion and high surf is expected.
A coastal Flood Warning means that rising sea water that causes
flooding is expected. Coastal residents in the warned area should
be alert for rising water... and take actions to protect life and
property by moving to higher ground if possible.
- Alabama - Special Statement
- Alaska - Coastal Flood Warning , High Surf Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- California - Heat Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- District of Columbia - Flash Flood Watch
- Florida - Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Maryland - Flash Flood Watch
- Minnesota - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- New York - Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- North Dakota - Frost Advisory
- Oregon - Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Special Statement , Record Report
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Washington - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- West Virginia - Flash Flood Watch
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning
- - Small Craft Advisory