Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 1:47 PM CST on November 28, 2015
Expires 6:00 AM EST on December 03, 2015
The Flood Warning continues for
the Little River at Horatio.
* Until late Wednesday night... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 1:00 PM Saturday the stage was 24.4 feet.
* Major flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 27.0 feet.
* Forecast... rise above flood stage by late this afternoon and
continue to rise to near 31.0 feet by tomorrow morning. The river
will fall below flood stage by late Wednesday morning.
* Impact... at 30.0 feet... the housing development three miles west of
Horatio Arkansas is suffering from flooding. All residents should
have evacuated. Also ranchers should evacuate cattle and farm
machinery to higher ground and have preparations complete for a
major flood. Expect considerable lowland flooding of several
hundred acres of grazing and farming land. Expect major backwater
problems of small tributaries at their confluence with the Little
River such as the cossatot and the Rolling Fork river.
Lat... Lon 3397 9458 3391 9434 3376 9404 3381 9431 3395 9459
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 3:41 AM CST on November 28, 2015
Expires 7:00 AM EST on November 29, 2015
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect through early Sunday
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of southwest Arkansas... southeast Oklahoma and
northeast Texas... including the following areas... in southwest
Arkansas... Hempstead... Howard... Lafayette... Little River...
Miller... Nevada and Sevier. In southeast Oklahoma... McCurtain.
In northeast Texas... Bowie... Camp... Cass... Franklin... Gregg...
Marion... Morris... Red River... Smith... Titus... Upshur and wood.
* Through 6 am CST Sunday morning.
* The cold front continues to be over run by copious amounts of
tropical moisture off of the eastern Pacific with deep
southwest flow aloft. This will allow an enhanced threat for
heavy rainfall to persist through at least early Sunday.
Additional rainfall amounts of 3 to 6 inches are likely along
and northwest of the Interstate 30 corridor. Some localized
heavier amounts are possible in the watch area.
* River flood potential... moderate to major river flooding can
be expected. This includes the Red River near De Kalb Texas at
Pecan Point... the Sulphur river of northeast Texas... and the
Little River at Horatio Arkansas.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Alaska - Winter Storm Warning , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Flood Advisory , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Flood Advisory , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report
- American Samoa - Flash Flood Warning
- California - Freeze Warning , Freeze Watch , Hard Freeze Watch , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , High Surf Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory
- Idaho - Air Stagnation Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Indiana - Record Report
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Areal Flood Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Freezing Rain Advisory , Record Report
- Kentucky - Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Record Report
- Massachusetts - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Freezing Rain Advisory , Record Report
- Montana - Record Report
- Nebraska - Special Statement
- New Jersey - Record Report
- New Mexico - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- New York - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Oklahoma - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Ice Storm Warning , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report
- Oregon - Freeze Warning, Frost Advisory , Record Report
- Puerto Rico - High Surf Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement
- Rhode Island - Record Report
- South Carolina - Flood Warning
- Tennessee - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Coastal Hazard Statement , Ice Storm Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Public Information Statement
- Virgin Islands - High Surf Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement
- Washington - Air Stagnation Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning
- Wyoming - Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement