Current Watches and Warnings
Arizona, West Central Deserts
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 3:30 AM MDT on May 05, 2016
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on May 05, 2016
... Red flag warning remains in effect from 11 am this morning to
8 PM MST this evening for strong winds... low relative humidity
and very high fire danger for southwest and south-central Arizona...
* affected area... in Arizona... south-central and southwest
deserts and southern Gila County/Tonto National Forest
* Winds... south 20 to 30 mph with gusts of 35 to 45 mph.
* Timing... 11 am MST to 8 PM MST.
* Relative humidity... as low as 7 percent.
* Impacts... Bio-fuels in the deserts and mountains are becoming
drier... resulting in high fire danger. These conditions...
combined with low relative humidity and strong winds... will
lead to widespread hazardous fire weather conditions in
southwest and south-central Arizona. Under these conditions...
if wild-fires start... they can spread very quickly.
Please advise the appropriate officials and fire crews in the
field of this red flag warning.
- Alabama - Wind Advisory
- Alaska - Special Statement
- Arizona - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Wind Advisory
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Coastal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Coastal Flood Advisory
- District of Columbia - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Florida - High Surf Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Georgia - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maryland - Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Statement
- Massachusetts - Coastal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Montana - Record Report
- Nebraska - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Wind Advisory
- New Jersey - Coastal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- New Mexico - Fire Weather Watch
- New York - Coastal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Coastal Flood Statement , Public Information Statement
- Ohio - Record Report
- Oregon - Record Report
- South Carolina - Public Information Statement
- South Dakota - Flood Warning
- Tennessee - Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Air Quality Alert
- Vermont - Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Statement , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- West Virginia - Public Information Statement