Current Watches and Warnings
Arizona, Northwest Maricopa County
Excessive Heat Warning
Statement as of 4:48 AM PDT on July 31, 2014
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on July 31, 2014
... Excessive heat warning remains in effect until 8 PM MST /8 PM
PDT/ this evening...
An excessive heat warning remains in effect until 8 PM MST /8 PM
PDT/ this evening.
* Affected area... the lower deserts of south central Arizona and
southeast California... including Phoenix... Yuma... and el
* Temperature... afternoon highs ranging from 110 to 115.
* Impacts... for those who work or exercise outdoors or those without
access to air conditioning... especially the elderly... there will
be high potential for serious illness from heat exposure if proper
extra precautions are not taken.
Never leave kids or pets unattended in cars. Drink more water
than usual and avoid alcohol... sugar... and caffeine. When
outdoors... wear light colored clothing and a wide-brimmed hat to
keep your head and body cooler. Take frequent rest breaks in
shaded or air conditioned environments. Public places with air
conditioning include libraries... community centers... government
buildings... malls... and special Refuge stations.
Recognize the signs and symptoms of heat illness. Early symptoms
include things such as headache... thirst... and muscle cramps.
Serious symptoms include weakness... skin that is cool to the
touch... fast but weak pulse... nausea... and fainting. Severe
symptoms include hot and red dry skin... fast and strong pulse...
sweating that has stopped... and unconsciousness. Untreated heat
illness can lead to fatal heat stroke.
Stay cool... stay hydrated... stay informed.
Statement as of 1:25 AM MDT on July 31, 2014
... Record high minimum temperature set at Phoenix AZ...
A record high minimum temperature of 92 degrees was set at Phoenix
AZ yesterday. This breaks the old record of 90 set in 1996.
- Alabama - Record Report
- Alaska - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Excessive Heat Warning , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- American Samoa - Flood Watch, Flash Flood Watch
- California - Excessive Heat Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Colorado - Flood Advisory , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Record Report
- Georgia - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Record Report
- Maine - Special Statement
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Flash Flood Watch
- New Hampshire - Special Statement
- New Mexico - Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch
- New York - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Ohio - Record Report
- Oklahoma - Areal Flood Warning , Record Report
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Record Report
- South Carolina - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Special Statement
- Virginia - Record Report
- Washington - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report