Current Watches and Warnings
Arizona, Northwest and North Central Pinal County
Excessive Heat Warning
Statement as of 12:00 PM PDT on July 30, 2014
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on July 31, 2014
... Excessive heat warning remains in effect until 8 PM MST /8 PM
An excessive heat warning remains in effect until 8 PM MST /8 PM
* Affected area... the lower deserts of south central Arizona and
southeast California... including Phoenix... Yuma... and el
* Temperature... afternoon highs ranging from 110 to 115.
Overnight lows in the mid 80s to lower 90s.
* Impacts... for those who work or exercise outdoors or those
without access to air conditioning... especially the elderly...
there will be high potential for serious illness from heat
exposure if proper extra precautions are not taken.
Never leave kids or pets unattended in cars. Drink more water
than usual and avoid alcohol... sugar... and caffeine. When
outdoors... wear light colored clothing and a wide-brimmed hat to
keep your head and body cooler. Take frequent rest breaks in
shaded or air conditioned environments. Public places with air
conditioning include libraries... community centers... government
buildings... malls... and special Refuge stations.
Recognize the signs and symptoms of heat illness. Early symptoms
include things such as headache... thirst... and muscle cramps.
Serious symptoms include weakness... skin that is cool to the
touch... fast but weak pulse... nausea... and fainting. Severe
symptoms include hot and red dry skin... fast and strong pulse...
sweating that has stopped... and unconsciousness. Untreated heat
illness can lead to fatal heat stroke.
Stay cool... stay hydrated... stay informed.
Statement as of 2:11 AM MDT on July 30, 2014
... Record high minimum temperature set at Phoenix AZ...
A record high minimum temperature of 92 degrees was set at Phoenix
AZ yesterday. This breaks the old record of 90 last set in 1980.
- Alabama - Record Report
- Arizona - Excessive Heat Warning , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- California - Excessive Heat Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Colorado - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- District of Columbia - Record Report
- Florida - Record Report
- Georgia - Record Report
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Record Report
- Kentucky - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Record Report
- Maryland - Record Report
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Ohio - Record Report
- Oklahoma - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- South Carolina - Record Report
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Utah - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Record Report
- Washington - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wyoming - Record Report