Current Watches and Warnings
California, Northern Sacramento Valley
Statement as of 2:54 PM PST on November 22, 2017
Expires 7:00 PM EST on November 23, 2017
A couple weak systems will bring light rain, mainly north of i80
for Thanksgiving and again Friday night into Saturday. More
widespread rain is expected with another mild system early Sunday.
A colder storm system is expected to move across the region late
Sunday into early Monday, bringing mountain snow. Snow levels will
initially be above pass levels with this event but will drop to
4000-5000 feet by Monday morning, causing travel problems.
motorists traveling into the mountains Sunday night into early
Monday should be prepared for winter weather conditions at times.
Slick roads are possible at lower elevations from wet leaves and
Thanksgiving through saturday:
a third of an inch of rain over the northern Sacramento Valley, a
few hundredths of an inch for the central to southern Sacramento
Valley. A tenth to 3 quarters of an inch in the mountains.
Sunday into monday:
a quarter of inch to 3 quarters of an inch of rain for the
valley, around 1 inch for the foothills with 1 to 2 inches
possible in the mountains.
Above 7000 feet, 2 to 5 inches of snow accumulation with greater
amounts possible over higher peaks.
southerly wind gusts up to 25 mph in the Sacramento Valley and 50
mph over the crest on Sunday.
Additional information and updates can be found at
www.Weather.Gov/Sacramento and our facebook Page at nwssacramento
and @nwssacramento on twitter.
- Alaska - Coastal Flood Advisory , High Wind Warning , Blizzard Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement , Public Information Statement
- Arizona - Record Report
- California - High Wind Watch , Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Colorado -
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Warning , Wind Advisory
- Idaho - Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Record Report
- Kentucky - Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Storm Surge Warning, Tropical Storm Warning , Freeze Warning
- Maine - Public Information Statement , Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Flood Advisory
- Missouri - Public Information Statement
- Montana - High Wind Watch , High Wind Warning , Wind Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory, High Wind Watch , Record Report
- Nevada - High Wind Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- New Mexico -
- New York -
- North Dakota - Record Report
- Ohio - Flood Warning
- Oregon - Wind Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Puerto Rico - Flash Flood Watch
- South Dakota - Record Report
- Texas - Tropical Storm Warning , Storm Surge Watch, Tropical Storm Warning , Special Statement
- Utah - Record Report
- Virginia -
- Washington - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Special Statement
- Wyoming - High Wind Watch , Special Statement