Current Watches and Warnings
California, Imperial County
Excessive Heat Warning
Statement as of 2:18 PM PDT on August 29, 2014
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on August 30, 2014
... Excessive heat warning in effect from 10 am MST /10 am PDT/ to
8 PM MST /8 PM PDT/ Saturday...
The National Weather Service in Phoenix has issued an excessive
heat warning... which is in effect from 10 am MST /10 am PDT/ to
8 PM MST /8 PM PDT/ Saturday.
* Affected area... southwest Arizona and southeast California.
* Temperature... 110 to 113 degrees.
* Impacts... people playing or working outdoors... as well as those
without access to air conditioning... will be face an elevated risk
of heat related illness. Depending upon the amount of exposure and
healthiness of an individual... heat illness can range from mild to
Never leave kids or pets unattended in cars. Drink more water
than usual and avoid alcohol... sugar... and caffeine. When
outdoors... wear light colored clothing and a wide-brimmed hat to
keep your head and body cooler. Take frequent rest breaks in
shaded or air conditioned environments. Public places with air
conditioning include libraries... community centers... government
buildings... malls... and special Refuge stations.
Recognize the signs and symptoms of heat illness. Early symptoms
include things such as headache... thirst... and muscle cramps.
Serious symptoms include weakness... skin that is cool to the
touch... fast but weak pulse... nausea... and fainting. Severe
symptoms include hot and red dry skin... fast and strong
pulse... sweating that has stopped... and unconsciousness.
Untreated heat illness can lead to fatal heat stroke.
Stay cool... stay hydrated... stay informed.
- Alaska - Frost Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Excessive Heat Warning , Record Report
- California - Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Record Report
- Florida - Record Report
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Illinois - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Flood Warning
- Louisiana - Flash Flood Watch
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement
- Minnesota - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Montana - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning
- Nebraska - Flood Warning
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Puerto Rico - Flood Watch
- South Dakota - Record Report
- Texas - Flash Flood Watch
- Utah - Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Public Information Statement