Current Watches and Warnings
California, San Luis Obispo County Central Coast
Beach Hazard Statement
Statement as of 2:30 AM PDT on June 25, 2016
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on June 25, 2016
... Beach hazards statement remains in effect through this
* hazards... surf 6 to 8 feet will continue along south facing
beaches today. Surf will diminish some Sunday, but strong rip
currents may persist through the weekend.
* Tide... a high tide of near 4.5 feet is expected around 330 PM
PDT today and around 215 am PDT tonight.
* Impacts... there is an increased risk of ocean drowning. Rip
currents can pull swimmers and surfers out to sea. Sneaker
waves can suddenly wash people off of rocks and jetties.
A beach hazards statement is issued when threats to beach and
surf zone safety are expected or occurring. Caution should be
used when in or near the water. Stay near occupied lifeguard
towers and never swim alone. If caught in a rip current... swim
parallel to the shore.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 4:55 AM PDT on June 25, 2016
... Wind reports...
Location speed time/date elevation (ft.)
... Santa Barbara County mountains...
La Cumbre Peak 33 mph 1214 am 06/25 3950
Tepusquet 30 mph 0306 am 06/25 3200
... San Luis Obispo County mountains...
Branch Mountain 30 mph 0235 am 06/25 3770
... Los Angeles County mountains excluding the Santa Monica range...
Sandberg 68 mph 0950 PM 06/24 4510
Whitaker Peak 66 mph 1157 PM 06/24 4120
... Antelope Valley...
Poppy Park 45 mph 0156 am 06/25 2759
neenach 40 mph 0210 am 06/25 2960
Observations are collected from a variety of sources with varying
equipment and exposures. Not all data listed are considered official.
- Alabama - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Alaska - Special Statement
- Arizona - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Arkansas - Public Information Statement
- California - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Special Statement , Air Quality Alert
- Indiana - Special Statement , Special Statement, Air Quality Alert , Air Quality Alert
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Special Statement , Special Statement, Air Quality Alert
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Air Quality Alert
- Minnesota - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning , Heat Advisory , Special Statement
- Mississippi - Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Special Statement
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- Nebraska - Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Record Report
- North Dakota - Wind Advisory
- Ohio - Flood Warning
- South Carolina - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory
- Tennessee - Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning
- Virginia - Flood Warning
- West Virginia - Areal Flood Warning
- Wisconsin - Special Statement
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning