Current Watches and Warnings
California, Santa Barbara County South Coast
Statement as of 2:12 AM PDT on August 04, 2015
Expires 9:00 AM EDT on August 04, 2015
... Wind Advisory now in effect until 6 am PDT early this
* timing... through early morning.
* Winds... areas of northwest to north winds 20 to 30 mph with
local gusts up to 45 mph. Strongest winds western portions...
especially near Gaviota and Refugio.
* Impacts... major roadways that could be affected include
Highway 101... especially between Goleta and Gaviota... as well
as Highway 154 near San Marcos Pass.
When driving... use extra caution. Be prepared for sudden gusty
Statement as of 6:27 PM PDT on August 03, 2015
... Record high temperature set at Santa Barbara Airport CA...
a record high temperature of 86 degrees was set at Santa Barbara Airport CA today.
This breaks the old record of 82 set in 1945.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 9:57 PM PDT on August 03, 2015
... Wind reports past 3 hours ...
... Santa Barbara County...
Point Arguello ( 8 ese) 33 mph 0857 PM 08/03 29 ft
Gaviota 32 mph 0938 PM 08/03 147 ft
Lompoc (4 ssw) 32 mph 0910 PM 08/03 1528 ft
Santa Barbara Island 42 mph 0913 PM 08/03 359 ft
4 N Goleta 27 mph 0930 PM 08/03 2100 ft
Refugio 52 mph 0906 PM 08/03 1465 ft
San Marcos Pass 37 mph 0906 PM 08/03 1491 ft
observations are collected from a variety of sources with varying
equipment and exposure. Not all data listed are considered official.
- Alabama - Record Report
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Excessive Heat Warning
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Wind Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Heat Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Severe Thunderstorm Warning
- Florida - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch, Coastal Flood Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - Tropical Storm Watch , High Surf Advisory , Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Special Statement
- Maryland - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Public Information Statement
- Massachusetts - Severe Thunderstorm Warning
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Montana - Flash Flood Watch , Air Quality Alert
- Nebraska - Dense Fog Advisory
- New Mexico - Public Information Statement
- New York - Coastal Hazard Statement , Special Statement
- Ohio - Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Flood Watch / Flood Statement
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- South Dakota - Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory
- Texas - Flood Warning , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Special Statement
- Utah - Record Report
- Washington - Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning
- West Virginia - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report