Current Watches and Warnings
California, Los Angeles County Coast including Downtown Los Angeles
High Surf Advisory
Statement as of 8:35 AM PDT on June 25, 2016
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on June 25, 2016
... High surf advisory remains in effect until 5 PM PDT this
* surf and hazards... surf along south facing beaches will be 4 to
7 feet with local sets to 8 feet today. Surf will diminish some
Sunday... but elevated surf and strong rip currents are expected
through the weekend.
* Locations... the highest surf will be on south to southwest
facing beaches. Strong rip currents will occur on most
* Tide... a high tide of near 4.5 feet is expected around 230 PM
PDT today and around 130 am PDT tonight.
* Impacts... there is an increased risk of ocean drowning. Rip
currents can pull swimmers and surfers out to sea. Sneaker
waves can suddenly wash people off of rocks and jetties.
A high surf advisory means that high surf and rip currents will
make swimming and rock jetties dangerous.
Remember... if caught in a rip current... swim parallel to shore
until you are free of the powerful current. Always swim near a
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 4:55 AM PDT on June 25, 2016
... Wind reports...
Location speed time/date elevation (ft.)
... Santa Barbara County mountains...
La Cumbre Peak 33 mph 1214 am 06/25 3950
Tepusquet 30 mph 0306 am 06/25 3200
... San Luis Obispo County mountains...
Branch Mountain 30 mph 0235 am 06/25 3770
... Los Angeles County mountains excluding the Santa Monica range...
Sandberg 68 mph 0950 PM 06/24 4510
Whitaker Peak 66 mph 1157 PM 06/24 4120
... Antelope Valley...
Poppy Park 45 mph 0156 am 06/25 2759
neenach 40 mph 0210 am 06/25 2960
Observations are collected from a variety of sources with varying
equipment and exposures. Not all data listed are considered official.
- Alabama - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Alaska - Special Statement
- Arizona - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Arkansas - Heat Advisory , Public Information Statement
- California - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Air Quality Alert , Special Statement
- Indiana - Air Quality Alert , Special Statement , Special Statement, Air Quality Alert
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Air Quality Alert , Special Statement
- Louisiana - Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Heat Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Special Statement
- Mississippi - Heat Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Heat Advisory , Special Statement
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory
- Nebraska - Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Record Report
- North Dakota - Wind Advisory
- Ohio - Flood Warning
- South Carolina - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory
- Tennessee - Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning
- Virginia - Flood Warning
- West Virginia - Areal Flood Warning
- Wisconsin - Beach Hazard Statement , Special Statement
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning