Current Watches and Warnings
California, San Diego County Mountains-Including The Palomar And Descanso Ranger Districts of the Cleveland National Forest
Statement as of 4:47 AM PDT on June 25, 2016
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on June 29, 2016
... Heat advisory now in effect from noon Sunday to 8 PM PDT
* temperature... hottest high temperatures Monday and Tuesday in
the 90s to 102 below 6000 feet.
* Impacts... heat illness possible to those people most at risk
including children... elderly... and those with chronic illness.
Pets are also vulnerable to heat illness.
Take extra precautions if you work or spend time outside. When
possible... reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or
evening. Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat
stroke. Wear light weight and loose fitting clothing when
possible and drink plenty of water.
To reduce risk during outdoor work the occupational safety and
health administration recommends scheduling frequent rest breaks
in shaded or air conditioned environments. Anyone overcome by
heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location. Heat stroke
is an emergency - call 9 1 1.
Statement as of 4:31 PM PDT on June 24, 2016
... Highest maximum temperature records broken or tied on Jun 20 2016 ...
Updated record temperature for Borrego on Monday June 20 2016.
Location new record old record period of record
Borrego 122 116 in 2008 1942
- Alabama - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Alaska - Special Statement
- Arizona - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Arkansas - Heat Advisory , Public Information Statement
- California - High Surf Advisory , Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Illinois - Air Quality Alert , Special Statement
- Indiana - Air Quality Alert , Special Statement , Special Statement, Air Quality Alert
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Kentucky - Air Quality Alert , Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Air Quality Alert , Special Statement
- Minnesota - Tornado Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning , Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- Mississippi - Heat Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Heat Advisory , Special Statement
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory
- Nevada - Record Report
- New Mexico - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- New York - Air Quality Alert
- North Carolina - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Wind Advisory
- Ohio - Flood Warning
- Puerto Rico - Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
- South Carolina - Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory
- Tennessee - Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning
- Utah - Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Flood Warning
- West Virginia - Areal Flood Warning
- Wisconsin - Tornado Watch , Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement