Current Watches and Warnings
California, Eastern Sierra Slopes of Inyo County
Statement as of 2:29 PM PDT on October 23, 2014
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on October 26, 2014
... Wind Advisory in effect from 11 am Saturday to 5 am PDT Sunday...
The National Weather Service in Las Vegas has issued a Wind
Advisory for eastern Sierra slopes and Owens Valley... which is in
effect from 11 am Saturday to 5 am PDT Sunday.
* Winds:above 5000 feet... west 35 to 45 mph with gusts to 60 mph.
Below 5000 feet... west 30 to 40 mph with gusts to 50 mph.
* Timing: winds will increase early Saturday afternoon... peak in the
afternoon and evening... before diminishing early Sunday morning.
* Locations: Aspendell... bihsop... Big Pine... Lone Pine... Olancha and
* Impacts: strongest west winds will be near canyon openings west of
Highway 395. However... dangerous Crosswinds could impact Highway
395 from Olancha north to the Mono County line.
A Wind Advisory means that Crosswinds are expected to be strong
enough to make driving difficult... especially for high profile
vehicles. In addition... strong winds over desert areas could result
in briefly lowered visibilities to well under a mile at times in
blowing dust or blowing sand. Use extra caution.
- Alaska - High Surf Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , High Wind Watch
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Special Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Dense Fog Advisory
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Dense Fog Advisory
- Maine - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Dense Fog Advisory
- Missouri - Dense Fog Advisory
- Montana - High Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory
- New Hampshire - Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Frost Advisory
- North Dakota - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Oregon - High Wind Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Utah - Special Statement
- Washington - Special Statement , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Dense Fog Advisory
- Wyoming - Special Statement