Current Watches and Warnings
California, Los Angeles County San Gabriel Valley
Excessive Heat Warning
Statement as of 2:14 PM PDT on September 14, 2014
Expires 10:00 PM EDT on September 16, 2014
... Excessive heat warning remains in effect until 7 PM PDT
* heat index... heat index values between 103 and 110 degrees are
expected during the late morning through early evening hours
through Tuesday. Overnight minimum heat index values will be
mostly in the 70s. Heat index values represent how hot it really
feels when relative humidity is factored in with actual air
* Impacts... the combination of heat and humidity will create a
dangerous situation in which heat illnesses are possible...
especially for the elderly and youth.
Never... ever... leave people or pets in enclosed vehicles... even
for a short period of time with the windows cracked open.
Take extra precautions if you work or spend time outside. When
possible... reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or
evening. Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat
stroke. Wear light weight and loose fitting clothing when
possible and drink plenty of water.
To reduce risk during outdoor work the occupational safety and
health administration recommends scheduling frequent rest breaks
in shaded or air conditioned environments. Anyone overcome by
heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location. Heat stroke
is an emergency - call 911.
Statement as of 6:13 PM PDT on September 14, 2014
... Prelimindary record high temperatures set today in southwestern
a record high temperature of 87 degrees was set at Santa Barbara
Airport CA today. This breaks the old record of 86 set in 1959.
A record high temperature of 91 degrees was set at Camarillo today.
This breaks the old record of 88 set in 1971.
A record high temperature of 107 degrees was set at Woodland Hills
today. This ties the old record of 107 set in 1971.
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- California - Excessive Heat Warning , Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Georgia - Flood Warning
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Record Report
- Kansas - Record Report
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Louisiana - Record Report
- Maine - Frost Advisory
- Maryland - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Massachusetts - Frost Advisory
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Montana - Record Report
- New Hampshire - Frost Advisory
- New York - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Record Report
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- North Dakota - Frost Advisory
- Oklahoma - Record Report
- Oregon - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- Pennsylvania - Frost Advisory
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Vermont - Frost Advisory , Record Report
- Virginia - Record Report
- Washington - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- West Virginia - Record Report