Current Watches and Warnings
Colorado, Central and Southeast Park County
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 2:59 AM MDT on September 02, 2014
... Today in Metro Denver weather history...
1-5 in 1995... record breaking heat occurred on the first 5 days
of the month when the temperature climbed into the 90's
on each day. Record high temperatures of 97 degrees on
both the 1st and 4th equaled the all-time record maximum
for the month. High temperature of 95 degrees on the 3rd
was a record for the date. High temperatures of 94 degrees
on both the 2nd and the 5th were not records. The low
temperature of 64 degrees on the 4th equaled the record
high minimum for the date.
1-7 in 1978... the temperature reached 90 degrees or more on seven
consecutive days with the highest temperature... 94 degrees...
recorded on both the 4th and 6th.
2 in 1938... heavy cloudbursts in the foothills near the top of
Genesee Mountain caused flash flooding on Bear Creek at
Morrison. Nearly 8 inches of rain fell just north
of Morrison in 6 hours and drowned 6 people in a car
between Morrison and Kittredge. Damage was estimated at
nearly a half million dollars. Flash flooding also
occurred on south Boulder Creek in Eldorado Springs.
Rainfall totaled 4.42 inches in Eldorado Springs... and
rainfall was estimated to more than 6 inches in the
foothills west of the town. Many buildings and residences
were damaged in Eldorado Springs... and bridges were swept
away. The high waters forced residents from their homes
as far downstream as Erie. This was the flood of record
on south Boulder Creek.
In 1973... hail to 3/4 inch diameter was reported in Boulder.
In 1987... lightning struck two men who were standing under a
tree in downtown Denver. Both were seriously injured and
In 1996... lightning sparked a brush fire in the south buffer
zone of the Rocky Flats environmental test facility. No
structures were damaged... but the fire burned about 100
acres of grassland before being contained.
2-3 in 1892... there was a trace of rainfall each day. This...
together with a trace of rain on both the 7th and 8th... was
the only rainfall of the month... making the month the driest
on record. The monthly record was equaled in 1944.
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , High Surf Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- California - Fire Weather Watch
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Special Statement
- Florida - Record Report
- Georgia - Record Report
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Illinois - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Indiana - Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Kansas - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Dense Fog Advisory
- Massachusetts - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Montana - Flood Warning , High Wind Warning
- Nebraska - Flood Warning
- New Hampshire - Dense Fog Advisory
- New Mexico - Record Report
- New York - Special Statement
- North Carolina - Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Ohio - Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch
- Oklahoma - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Oregon - Fire Weather Watch
- Rhode Island - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- South Carolina - Record Report
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Coastal Flood Watch, Coastal Hazard Statement, High Surf Advisory , Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Virginia - Record Report
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning