Current Watches and Warnings
Colorado, Central and East Adams and Arapahoe Counties
Statement as of 4:23 PM MDT on October 25, 2014
... Record high temperature set at Denver co...
a record high temperature of 80 degrees tied at Denver co today at
324 PM. This ties the old record of 80 set in 2007.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 4:20 PM MDT on October 25, 2014
Enjoy the great outdoors in Colorado this winter season... but watch
The National Weather Service issues a variety of winter weather...
outlooks... watches... warnings... and advisories... covered earlier during
this winter weather awareness week. Safety tips were also passed along.
An example of severe winter weather occurred in March 2003 across the
eastern foothills... adjacent plains... and mountains. Snowfall amounts
ranged from 80 to 110 inches... along with strong winds in some areas.
The Denver Metro area averaged nearly three feet of snow. The storm was
well forecast... and people heeded the warnings... so casualties and impacts
More recent examples of what can happen during the winter weather season
were the heavy snow events of December 2006. Back to back major storms
occurred the third and fourth weeks of the month across eastern Colorado.
Heavy snow accumulated over three feet deep in some areas. Strong wind
pushed drifted the snow into 12 to 20 foot drifts... and thousands of ranch
animals fell victim. Travel was hampered for days in the hardest hit areas.
More recently... a blizzard occurred the last week of March in 2009...
causing life threatening conditions across the eastern plains.
Also during 2009... powerful winter storms brought blizzard conditions to
the Southwest Mountains on two separate occasions... which threatened and
took lives... due to avalanches and severe winter conditions.
Before winter weather threatens this season... you should prepare a
winter safety kit for your vehicle. When planning travel... check the latest
weather forecasts. A valuable companion when heading out is a battery powered
NOAA all hazards weather radio... the voice of the National Weather Service.
It provides you with the latest weather conditions and forecasts. You can
pick one up at your local electronics or department store.
Finally... if you need information on winter weather safety...
winter weather safety brochures... or NOAA all hazards weather radio... please
visit the web site of the National Weather Service office responsible for
Boulder office... ... ... ... .Weather.Gov/den
Grand Junction office... ... weather.Gov/gjt
Goodland Kansas office... ..Weather.Gov/gld
Pueblo office... ... ... ... ..weather.Gov/pub
All these efforts help US to build a weather-ready nation... which will make
America safer by saving more lives and protecting livelihoods.
Have a safe and enjoyable winter season in Colorado.
warning coordination meteorologist
National Weather Service Pueblo Colorado
- Alaska - High Surf Advisory , High Wind Watch , Blizzard Watch
- Arizona - Record Report
- California - High Surf Advisory , High Wind Warning , High Wind Warning, Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- District of Columbia - Public Information Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Record Report
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Maryland - Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Record Report
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning
- Nebraska - Record Report
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Record Report
- Oregon - High Wind Warning , High Wind Warning, Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Texas - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Utah - Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- West Virginia - Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - High Wind Warning , Record Report