Current Watches and Warnings
Colorado, North and Northeast Elbert County Below 6000 Feet/North Lincoln County
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 3:59 AM MDT on September 04, 2015
... Today in Metro Denver weather history...
1-5 in 1995... record breaking heat occurred on the first 5 days
of the month when the temperature climbed into the 90's
on each day. Record high temperatures of 97 degrees on
both the 1st and 4th equaled the all-time record maximum
for the month. High temperature of 95 degrees on the 3rd
was a record for the date. High temperatures of 94 degrees
on both the 2nd and the 5th were not records. The low
temperature of 64 degrees on the 4th equaled the record
high minimum for the date.
1-7 in 1978... the temperature reached 90 degrees or more on seven
consecutive days with the highest temperature... 94 degrees...
recorded on both the 4th and 6th.
3-6 in 1909... rainfall for the 4 days accumulated to 3.97 inches
in Boulder... while in Denver rainfall totaled 2.45 inches
on the 4th... 5th... and 6th.
4 in 1909... apparent Post-frontal heavy rainfall totaled 1.94
inches in downtown Denver. North winds were sustained
to 19 mph.
In 1944... a trace of rain fell. This together with a trace
of rain on the 9th... 10th... and 30th was the only
precipitation for the month. The total of a trace of
precipitation for the month equaled the driest September
on record first set in 1892.
In 1960... the highest recorded temperature in September... 97
degrees... occurred. The same temperature also occurred on
September 5... 1899... September 1... 1995... and September 4...
In 1989... a strong thunderstorm wind gust flipped a plane
taxiing on a private runway in Adams County east of Denver.
Two people were slightly injured and the plane was heavily
In 1992... strong winds developed across Metro Denver behind a
Pacific cold front. Sustained winds above 40 mph with gusts
as high as 60 mph were recorded mainly in and near the
foothills. Pre-frontal south winds gusted to 37 mph at
Stapleton International Airport.
In 1995... two people were injured when lightning struck their
home in Lakewood. The lightning entered the attic where it
started a small fire. It then traveled through the walls...
exploding a mirror and spraying glass on the residents.
Lightning also sparked small grass fires near Aurora... Denver
International Airport... and Bennett. The highest recorded
temperature in September... 97 degrees... occurred. The same
temperature also occurred on September 5... 1899... September
4... 1960... and September 1... 1995.
In 2000... thunderstorm winds gusted to 64 mph in Castle Rock.
- Alabama - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Wind Advisory
- California - Lake Wind Advisory , Frost Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Special Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , High Surf Warning, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Idaho - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Indiana - Air Quality Alert
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Record Report
- Kentucky - Air Quality Alert
- Maryland - Record Report
- Michigan - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Blowing Dust Advisory , Blowing Dust Advisory, Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- New Jersey - Record Report
- New York - Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- North Dakota - Record Report
- Oregon - Frost Advisory , Special Statement
- Pennsylvania - Record Report
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Utah - Wind Advisory, High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- Wyoming - Special Statement , Record Report