Current Watches and Warnings
Coastal Hazard Statement
Statement as of 2:56 AM EDT on September 17, 2014
Expires 6:00 AM EDT on September 19, 2014
... High rip current risk in effect through late Thursday night...
The National Weather Service in Jacksonville has issued a high
rip current risk... which is in effect through late Thursday
* Timing... a high risk of rip currents is expected through
Thursday... as swells from Edouard enter the coastal waters.
* Impacts... rip currents are strong and dangerous... flowing
quickly away from shore.
There is a high risk of rip currents.
Rip currents are powerful channels of water flowing quickly away
from shore... which occur most often at low spots or breaks in The
Sandbar and in the vicinity of structures such as groins...
jetties and piers. Heed the advice of lifeguards and the beach
patrol. Pay attention to flags and posted signs.
If you become caught in a rip current... do not panic. Remain calm
and begin to swim parallel to shore. Once you are away from the
force of the rip current... begin to swim back to the beach. Do
not attempt to swim directly against a rip current. Even a strong
swimmer can become exhausted quickly.
- Alaska - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- California - Flash Flood Watch , Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Special Statement
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Indiana - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Special Statement , Record Report
- Louisiana - Dense Fog Advisory
- Michigan - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Nebraska - Dense Fog Advisory
- Nevada - Flash Flood Watch , Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Watch
- New York - Freeze Watch
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Ohio - Special Statement , Record Report
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Special Statement
- South Dakota - Special Statement
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Texas - Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Special Statement