Current Watches and Warnings
Florida, Coastal Gulf
Statement as of 8:45 PM CDT on April 17, 2014
Expires 9:45 PM EDT on April 18, 2014
... Flood Warning extended until further notice...
the Flood Warning continues for the Apalachicola River near
* Until further notice... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 8:15 PM Thursday the stage was 17.5 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 15.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river will continue rising to near 18.2 feet by
Sunday morning. Additional rises may be possible thereafter.
* Impact... at 19.0 feet... minor lowland flooding will occur at Douglas
Landing and Willis Landing campgrounds. The 19.0 ft level at
Blountstown may at times not be representative of river levels in
these areas due to tidal effects... winds... or local rainfall and
should be used with caution.
Lat... Lon 3061 8498 3007 8520 2972 8505 2980 8490 3009 8508 3061 8490
High Surf Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement, Areal Flood Watch
Statement as of 3:32 AM CDT on April 18, 2014
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on April 19, 2014
410 am EDT Fri Apr 18 2014 /310 am CDT Fri Apr 18 2014/
... High surf advisory remains in effect until 2 am EDT /1 am CDT/
... High rip current risk remains in effect through this evening...
* location... Panhandle and Big Bend beaches.
* Surf... increasing to 3 to 5 feet today along the Panhandle
beaches with a few spots to 6 feet along Walton County. Big
Bend beaches... 3 to 5 feet today.
Rip currents are powerful channels of water flowing quickly away
from shore. If you become caught in a rip current remain calm and
swim parallel to shore. Once you are away from the force of the
rip current... swim back to the beach. Do not attempt to swim
directly against a rip current. Even a strong swimmer can become
A high surf advisory means that high surf will affect beaches in
the advisory area... producing rip currents and localized beach
... Flood Watch remains in effect through late tonight...
The Flood Watch continues for
* portions of southeast Alabama... Florida and Georgia...
including the following areas... in southeast Alabama...
Coffee... Dale... Geneva... Henry and Houston. In Florida...
Calhoun... central Walton... coastal Bay... coastal Dixie...
coastal Franklin... coastal Gulf... coastal Jefferson... coastal
Taylor... coastal Wakulla... Gadsden... Holmes... inland Bay...
inland Dixie... inland Franklin... inland Gulf... inland
Jefferson... inland Taylor... inland Wakulla... inland Walton...
Jackson... Lafayette... Leon... Liberty... Madison... south Walton
and Washington. In Georgia... Baker... Ben Hill... Berrien...
Brooks... Calhoun... Clay... Colquitt... Cook... Decatur...
Dougherty... early... Grady... Irwin... Lanier... Lee... Lowndes...
Miller... Mitchell... Quitman... Randolph... Seminole... Terrell...
Thomas... Tift... Turner and Worth.
* Through late tonight
* rainfall amounts of 2 to 4 inches... with isolated amounts of 6
to 8 inches possible.
* The main concern is for rising rivers... especially rivers that
are already near or at flood stage. Flash flooding is also
possible... mainly in urban areas... and near
creeks... streams... and drainage areas prone to fast rising water
during heavy rain.
You should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible
flood or flash flood warnings. Those living in areas prone to
flooding should be prepared to take action should flooding
develop. Please do not driver through flood areas.
- Alabama - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Coastal Hazard Statement, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- California - Record Report
- Colorado - Record Report
- Connecticut - Flood Warning , Frost Advisory , Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Watch, Areal Flood Watch , High Surf Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch, High Surf Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Hazard Statement, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch, High Surf Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Flash Flood Watch , Wind Advisory
- Idaho - Wind Advisory
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Frost Advisory
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Maine - Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report
- Maryland - Frost Advisory
- Massachusetts - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Minnesota - Flood Warning
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Advisory
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , High Wind Watch , High Wind Warning , Record Report
- New Hampshire - Flood Warning , Record Report
- New Jersey - Frost Advisory , Record Report
- New York - Flood Warning , Frost Advisory , Record Report
- North Carolina - Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Oregon - High Surf Advisory
- Pennsylvania - Frost Advisory , Record Report
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch
- Tennessee - Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Vermont - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Virginia - Frost Advisory , Winter Weather Statement , Record Report
- Washington - Areal Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning , Record Report