Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 2:26 PM EDT on May 04, 2016
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on May 05, 2016
... Wind Advisory in effect from 8 am to 11 PM EDT Thursday...
The National Weather Service in Peachtree City has issued a Wind
Advisory... which is in effect from 8 am to 11 PM EDT Thursday.
* Locations... north and central Georgia.
* Winds... sustained northwest winds of 20 to 25 mph with gusts up
to 35 mph.
* Timing... 8 am to 11 PM Thursday.
* Impacts... gusty winds may down tree branches and a few trees.
Motorists in high profile vehicles should use caution when
traveling. Unsecured outdoor objects may be blown around.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult... especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution. Please secure loose outdoor
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 2:56 PM EDT on May 04, 2016
... Brasstown Bald NWR transmitter continues to be off the air
NOAA Weather Radio transmitter kxi 22 at Brasstown Bald... on
162.500... is undergoing maintenence today and its return to
service is unknown at this time. . kxi 22 provides service to the
Georgia counties of Fannin... Lumpkin... towns... Union... and
white... and the North Carolina County of Cherokee.
Alternate service for the affected areas can be received from
transmitters at Chatsworth... wxk 52 on 162.400... Blue Ridge... kxi
75 on 162.475... Clayton... kxi 81 on 162.450... and Robbinsville...
wwg 82 on 162.525. Weather information is also available from
- Alabama - Wind Advisory
- Alaska - Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- California - Wind Advisory
- Connecticut - Coastal Flood Statement
- Delaware - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Florida - Areal Flood Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning
- Kentucky - Flood Advisory
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Mississippi - Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- New Jersey - Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory, Areal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Statement
- New Mexico - Fire Weather Watch
- New York - Coastal Flood Statement , Coastal Flood Advisory
- North Carolina - Special Statement
- North Dakota - Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Record Report
- Puerto Rico - Areal Flood Advisory, Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
- South Carolina - Public Information Statement
- South Dakota - Flood Warning
- Tennessee - Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Hydrologic Statement , Air Quality Alert
- Virginia - Flood Warning , Special Weather Statement , Special Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Frost Advisory