Current Watches and Warnings
Flash Flood Warning
Statement as of 6:56 PM HST on September 04, 2015
Expires 2:30 AM EDT on September 05, 2015
... A Flash Flood Warning remains in effect for the island of Kauai in
Kauai County until 830 PM HST...
Locations in the warning include but are not limited to Haena...
Wainiha... Na Pali State Park... Moloaa... Kalalau Valley...
Princeville... Kilauea... Hanalei and Anahola.
Radars show heavy rain subsiding but runoff continues. Kauai
emergency management officials report kuhio Highway has been closed
near Hanalei bridge and rain gages show the Wailua river near flood
A Flash Flood Warning means flash flooding is imminent or occurring
in streams... roads and low lying areas. Move to higher ground now.
Do not cross fast flowing or rising water in your vehicle or on foot.
Turn around... Don/T drown.
This warning may need to be extended beyond 830 PM HST if flash
Lat... Lon 2225 15971 2225 15927 2199 15928 2202 15960
Flash Flood Watch, High Surf Advisory
Statement as of 5:53 PM HST on September 04, 2015
407 PM HST Fri Sep 4 2015
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect until 6 PM HST Saturday...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* Kauai... Niihau and Oahu.
* Until 6 PM HST Saturday.
* A very moist air mass... together with an upper level trough
just west of the state... likely will produce locally heavy
showers and thunderstorms through Saturday. Saturated soils
from recent and current rainfall will increase the risk for
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is very dangerous. Remember
that it does not have to be raining heavily where you are for
flash flooding to occur.
Monitor the latest forecasts and be prepared to take immediate
action if flash flood warnings are issued.
... High surf advisory remains in effect until 6 PM HST Saturday...
A high surf advisory remains in effect until 6 PM HST Saturday.
* Surf... along south facing shores... 6 to 8 feet through
tonight... rising to 7 to 10 feet Saturday.
* Timing... through Saturday 6 PM HST.
* Impacts... moderate... expect strong breaking waves... shore
break... and strong longshore and rip currents making swimming
difficult and dangerous.
Beachgoers... swimmers... and surfers should heed all advice given
by ocean safety officials and exercise caution. Boaters should
expect recreational surfers and body boarders utilizing Harbor
channels to access surfing areas.
Statement as of 4:39 PM HST on September 04, 2015
... Record high temperature set at Hilo hi...
A record high temperature of 89 degrees was set at Hilo hi today.
This breaks the old record of 87 set in 1990.
- Alaska - Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Wind Advisory
- California - Frost Advisory, Freeze Watch , Frost Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Connecticut - Record Report
- Delaware - Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch, High Surf Advisory , Flash Flood Watch, High Surf Warning , Flash Flood Watch , High Surf Warning , High Surf Advisory , Record Report
- Idaho - Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Indiana - Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Kentucky - Air Quality Alert
- Maryland - Record Report
- Michigan - Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- Nebraska - Record Report
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Freeze Watch
- New Jersey - Record Report
- New York - Record Report
- North Dakota - Special Statement , Record Report
- Ohio - Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Flash Flood Watch , Frost Advisory, Freeze Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Pennsylvania - Record Report
- South Carolina - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- South Dakota - Record Report
- Utah - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- Washington - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement