Current Watches and Warnings
Hawaii, Oahu North Shore
Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 11:46 PM HST on August 23, 2016
Expires 7:15 AM EDT on August 24, 2016
958 PM HST Tue Aug 23 2016
... Flash Flood Watch in effect through Wednesday afternoon...
The National Weather Service in Honolulu has expanded the
* Flash Flood Watch to include Kahoolawe... Kauai... Lanai...
Maui... Molokai... Niihau and Oahu.
* Through Wednesday afternoon
* deep tropical moisture will continue to produce heavy downpours
and a chance of thunderstorms through Wednesday. With the ground
already saturated in many areas from recent heavy rains... there
will be an elevated risk for flash flooding.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is very dangerous.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
The National Weather Service in Honolulu has extended the
* Flood Advisory for...
the island of Oahu in Honolulu County
* until 115 am HST
* at 957 PM HST... radar indicated heavy rain over windward Oahu.
Rain was falling at a rate of 1 to 2 inches per hour. Minor
flooding of low lying and poor drainage areas can be expected.
* Locations in the advisory include but are not limited to...
Maunawili... Kailua... Waikane... Hauula... Kaneohe... Waiahole...
Kahaluu... Kaneohe marine base... Ahuimanu... Kahuku...
Punaluu and Kaaawa.
Stay away from streams... drainage ditches and low lying areas prone
Rainfall and runoff will also cause hazardous driving conditions due
to ponding... reduced visibility and poor braking action.
Do not cross fast flowing or rising water in your vehicle... or on
foot. Turn around... don't drown.
This advisory may need to be extended beyond 115 am HST if heavy rain
This advisory replaces the previously issued advisory that was in
effect for portions of the island of Oahu in Honolulu County.
Lat... Lon 2169 15795 2163 15793 2153 15784 2147 15784
2141 15778 2147 15777 2146 15773 2144 15774
2139 15773 2133 15781 2139 15792 2162 15809
2169 15803 2171 15797
Statement as of 5:03 PM HST on August 23, 2016
... Record daily maximum rainfall set at Hilo hi...
a record rainfall of 6.98 inches has occurred so far today at
Hilo hi. This breaks the old record of 3.59 set in 1982.
Additional rainfall is expected before midnight... and this record
event report will be updated later.
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Heat Advisory , Record Report
- California - Air Quality Alert
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Record Report
- Georgia - Record Report
- Hawaii - Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Iowa - Flood Warning, Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning, Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Flash Flood Watch
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Michigan - Flood Warning , Beach Hazard Statement
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Heat Advisory
- Missouri - Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Air Quality Alert
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- New Mexico - Areal Flood Advisory
- North Carolina - Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Record Report
- Oregon - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Puerto Rico - Flash Flood Watch
- South Carolina - Record Report
- South Dakota - Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Virgin Islands - Coastal Hazard Statement, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch
- Washington - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning, Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement, Beach Hazard Statement , Special Statement , Public Information Statement