Current Watches and Warnings
Hawaii, Oahu Koolau
High Surf Warning
Statement as of 3:25 PM HST on March 07, 2014
Expires 12:00 PM EDT on March 09, 2014
... High surf warning remains in effect until 6 am HST Sunday...
A high surf warning remains in effect until 6 am HST Sunday.
* Surf... 25 to 35 ft along north facing beaches. 15 to 25 ft along
west facing beaches.
* Timing... the surf will build during the remainder of the
afternoon and overnight... peak at warning levels on Saturday
then slowly diminish Saturday night. The surf will drop to
advisory levels Sunday and remain very hazardous.
* Impacts... very high... expect ocean water surging and sweeping
across beaches... coastal benches... and lava flows. Powerful
longshore and rip currents will be present at most beaches.
Large breaking waves and strong currents may impact Harbor
entrances and channels causing challenging boat handling.
These dangerous conditions mean that only highly experienced
persons should enter the water. Inexperienced persons should
remain off beaches and adjacent beachfront areas. Large breaking
surf... significant shorebreak... and dangerous currents make
entering the water very hazardous. Anyone entering the water
could face significant injury or death.
- Alaska - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- California - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - High Surf Warning , Wind Advisory
- Idaho - Special Statement
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Special Statement, Air Quality Alert
- Kansas - Winter Weather Advisory
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Record Report
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Special Statement , Record Report
- Montana - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Wind Advisory , High Wind Watch , Record Report
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Advisory
- New Hampshire - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- New Mexico - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Fire Weather Advisory
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , High Surf Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory, High Surf Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory , Freezing Fog Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Winter Weather Advisory
- Oregon - High Wind Watch
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Texas - Winter Weather Advisory
- Vermont - Air Quality Alert
- Virginia - High Surf Advisory , Freezing Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Washington - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , High Wind Watch , Special Statement
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Air Quality Alert
- Wyoming - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report