Current Watches and Warnings
High Surf Warning
Statement as of 3:32 PM HST on September 01, 2015
... High surf warning now in effect until 6 PM HST Thursday...
The high surf warning is now in effect until 6 PM HST Thursday.
* Surf... along east facing shores... 10 to 15 feet. Occasional sets
to 18 ft this evening.
* Timing... northeast swell turning north and diminishing tonight.
East swell building overnight and peaking Wednesday night. Elevated
surf will persist through at least the weekend.
* Impacts... high... expect ocean water occasionally sweeping across
portions of beaches... very strong breaking waves and strong
longshore and rip currents. Breaking waves may occasionally
impact harbors making navigating The Harbor channel dangerous.
These dangerous conditions mean that only highly experienced
persons should enter the water. Inexperienced persons should
remain off beaches and adjacent beachfront areas. Large breaking
surf... significant shore break... and dangerous currents make
entering the water very hazardous. Anyone entering the water
could face significant injury or death.
Statement as of 4:29 PM HST on September 01, 2015
... Record high temperature set at Hilo hi...
A high temperature of 92 degrees at Hilo hi today breaks the old
record of 88 set in 2014.
- Alaska - Freeze Warning , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Georgia - Air Quality Alert , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Warning , Record Report
- Idaho - Fire Weather Warning
- Indiana - Air Quality Alert
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kentucky - Air Quality Alert
- Maine - Record Report
- Minnesota - Special Statement
- Montana - Fire Weather Warning
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Blowing Dust Advisory , Blowing Dust Advisory, Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- New Jersey - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- New York - Record Report
- Oregon - Special Statement , Special Statement, Air Quality Alert
- South Carolina - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Texas - Public Information Statement
- Utah - Public Information Statement
- Washington - Special Statement
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement