Current Watches and Warnings
Hawaii, Central Oahu
Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 2:21 PM HST on August 27, 2015
327 am HST Thu Aug 27 2015
The National Weather Service in Honolulu has issued a
* Flood Advisory for the island of Oahu in Honolulu County
* until 515 PM HST
* at 212 PM HST... radar showed heavy rain over central Oahu. The
area of heavy rain was nearly stationary.
* Other locations in the advisory include but are not limited
to Wahiawa... Mililani Town... Halawa... Waikane... and Hauula.
Stay away from streams... drainage ditches and low lying areas prone
Rainfall and runoff will also cause hazardous driving conditions due
to ponding... reduced visibility and poor braking action.
Do not cross fast flowing or rising water in your vehicle or on foot.
Turn around... Don/T drown.
A Flash Flood Watch is also in effect for all islands.
This advisory may need to be extended beyond 515 PM HST if heavy rain
Lat... Lon 2153 15819 2167 15799 2151 15786 2131 15779
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect until 6 PM HST this
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* Kauai... Lanai... Maui... Molokai... Niihau... Oahu and The Big
* Until 6 PM HST this evening.
* A very moist and unstable air mass remains over the state.
Although little shower activity and cloud cover will be observed
early this morning... heavy showers and isolated thunderstorms
will develop rapidly as the land heats up during the late
morning and afternoon hours. Grounds are already saturated from
recent rainfall... and flash flooding could occur very quickly.
Heavy rainfall could develop on all islands... though the
greatest threat will be across the smaller islands.
Please continue to monitor the weather forecast and keep a
reliable way to receive warnings for your location. Campers and
hikers should consider rescheduling their Outing to a time when
weather is expected to be more favorable. Remember... it does not
have to be raining heavily where you are for flash flooding to
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is very dangerous. Never drive
into areas where water covers the Road.
Statement as of 2:49 AM HST on August 27, 2015
... Record high temperature set at Hilo hi...
... Record daily maximum rainfall set at Honolulu HI...
A record high temperature of 88 degrees was set at Hilo hi
yesterday. This ties the old record of 88 set in 2007.
A record rainfall of 1.93 inches was set at Honolulu HI yesterday.
This breaks the old record of 0.27 set in 1947.
The high temperature at Kahului hi reached 91 degrees yesterday...
which was not a record for the date.
- Alabama - Record Report
- Alaska - Coastal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , High Surf Advisory , High Wind Warning , Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arizona - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- California - Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Idaho - High Wind Watch , Air Quality Alert
- Illinois - Record Report
- Kansas - Special Statement
- Kentucky - Record Report
- Louisiana - Record Report
- Mississippi - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Nebraska - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Nevada - Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- New Mexico - Areal Flood Advisory
- North Carolina - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Oregon - Wind Advisory , High Wind Watch , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert , Special Statement, Air Quality Alert
- Pennsylvania - Public Information Statement
- Puerto Rico - Tropical Storm Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- South Dakota - Flash Flood Warning , Record Report
- Tennessee - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Texas - Air Quality Alert
- Utah - Flash Flood Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Virgin Islands - Tropical Storm Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Virginia - Record Report
- Washington - High Wind Watch , Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert , Special Statement, Air Quality Alert
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Record Report