Current Watches and Warnings
High Surf Advisory
Statement as of 5:14 PM HST on August 28, 2014
Expires 12:00 PM EDT on August 30, 2014
... High surf advisory remains in effect until 6 am HST Saturday...
A high surf advisory remains in effect until 6 am HST Saturday.
* Surf... 6 to 9 feet on south facing shores. Building to 6 to 9
feet on east facing shores tonight.
* Timing... tonight through Friday night.
* Impacts... moderate... expect strong breaking waves... shore
break... and strong longshore and rip currents making swimming
difficult and dangerous.
Always heed lifeguard advice and know your limits. When in
doubt... do not go out.
- Alabama - Special Statement
- Alaska - Frost Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- California - High Surf Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Record Report
- Georgia - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Illinois - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Maine - High Surf Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Massachusetts - High Surf Advisory
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement
- Minnesota - Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Montana - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning
- Nebraska - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Hydrologic Statement
- New Mexico - Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Rhode Island - High Surf Advisory
- South Carolina - Record Report
- South Dakota - Record Report
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Texas - Areal Flood Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Hazard Statement , Areal Flood Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory