Current Watches and Warnings
Hawaii, Leeward Haleakala
Tropical Storm Watch
Statement as of 5:39 PM HST on August 29, 2015
Expires 7:00 AM EDT on August 30, 2015
... Tropical storm watch remains in effect...
... Precautionary/preparedness actions...
Loose objects such as lawn furniture... garbage cans... and other
items should be secured or stored indoors.
... Probability of tropical storm/hurricane conditions...
the chance for hurricane conditions at this time very small.
Also... the chance for tropical storm conditions at this time
ranges from 33 to 47 percent. This represents a general
upward trend since the last forecast.
although the latest forecast is for sustained winds to remain
below tropical storm force of 39 mph... 34 knots... only a small
change in the track of Ignacio could result in higher winds.
... Storm surge and storm tide...
swells generated by Ignacio will increase along east and southeast
facing shores of the island of Maui... and will result in surf
heights reaching up to 15 to 20 feet on Monday through Tuesday.
The high surf is expected to create dangerous currents. Some
coastal inundation of low lying areas is expected especially at
... Inland flooding...
total rainfall amounts of 2 to 4 inches... with isolated amounts
near 6 inches mainly in areas of higher terrain... are possible.
Statement as of 6:24 PM HST on August 29, 2015
... Record high temperature set at Hilo hi...
A record high temperature of 89 degrees was set at Hilo hi today.
This breaks the old record of 88 set in 2007.
- Alaska - High Surf Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory , High Wind Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- California - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Coastal Hazard Statement, Areal Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - Tropical Storm Watch , High Surf Advisory , High Surf Warning , Record Report
- Idaho - Fire Weather Warning , Air Quality Alert , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Illinois - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Indiana - Record Report
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Kansas - Dense Fog Advisory
- Minnesota - Special Statement
- Missouri - Dense Fog Advisory
- Montana - High Wind Watch , Dense Smoke Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory
- New Mexico - Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Beach Hazard Statement
- Oregon - Air Quality Alert
- Texas - Record Report
- Washington - Air Quality Alert , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Special Statement
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning