Current Watches and Warnings
Areal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 6:51 PM HST on September 02, 2014
Expires 3:45 AM EDT on September 03, 2014
The National Weather Service in Honolulu has issued a
* Flood Advisory for the island of Hawaii in Hawaii County
* until 945 PM HST
* at 642 PM HST... radar showed slow-moving moderate to heavy showers
over leeward areas of The Big Island... from Kawaihae to Puako to
Kailua-Kona to Captain Cook. Rainfall rates between one and two
inches per hour are occurring in the heaviest showers.
* Other locations in the advisory include but are not limited to
Waikoloa beach resort... Kona Village resort... and Puuanahulu.
Stay away from streams... drainage ditches and low lying areas prone
Rainfall and runoff will also cause hazardous driving conditions due
to ponding... reduced visibility and poor braking action.
Do not cross fast flowing or rising water in your vehicle or on foot.
Turn around... Don/T drown.
This advisory may need to be extended beyond 945 PM HST if heavy rain
Lat... Lon 2010 15590 2005 15579 1958 15582 1943 15593
Statement as of 4:41 PM HST on September 02, 2014
... Record high temperature tied at Kahului hi...
A record high temperature of 93 degrees was tied at
Kahului hi today.
This ties the old record of 93 set in 1997.
- Alabama - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Alaska - Areal Flood Warning , High Surf Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory , Blizzard Warning , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- California - Fire Weather Warning
- Connecticut - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Record Report
- Hawaii - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Idaho - Lake Wind Advisory
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Indiana - Special Statement
- Kansas - Areal Flood Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Maine - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Maryland - Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Record Report
- Massachusetts - Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Areal Flood Warning , Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Montana - Flood Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Nebraska - Flood Warning
- Nevada - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- New Jersey - Record Report
- New Mexico - Record Report
- New York - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Ohio - Special Statement
- Oregon - Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch
- South Carolina - Record Report
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Flood Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Flood Advisory, High Surf Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Vermont - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Record Report
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning