Current Watches and Warnings
Hawaii, South Big Island
Areal Flood Advisory, High Surf Warning
Statement as of 9:39 PM HST on September 01, 2015
332 PM HST Tue Sep 1 2015
The National Weather Service in Honolulu has issued a
* Flood Advisory for the island of Hawaii in Hawaii County
* until 1145 PM HST
* at 930 PM HST... radar showed heavy rain near Hawaiian Ocean View
estates... or about 38 miles southeast of Kailua-Kona. The area of
heavy rain was nearly stationary.
* Other locations in the advisory include but are not limited to
Stay away from streams... drainage ditches and low lying areas prone
Rainfall and runoff will also cause hazardous driving conditions due
to ponding... reduced visibility and poor braking action.
Do not cross fast flowing or rising water in your vehicle or on foot.
Turn around... Don/T drown.
This advisory may need to be extended beyond 1145 PM HST if heavy
Lat... Lon 1927 15589 1924 15553 1903 15556 1889 15566
1900 15586 1913 15594
... High surf warning now in effect until 6 PM HST Thursday...
The high surf warning is now in effect until 6 PM HST Thursday.
* Surf... along east facing shores... 12 to 18 feet.
* Timing... east swell building tonight and peaking Wednesday
afternoon. North-northeast swell diminishing tonight. Elevated
surf will persist through at least the weekend.
* Impacts... very high... expect ocean water surging and sweeping
across beaches... coastal benches... and lava flows creating the
potential for impacts to coastal properties and
infrastructure... including roadways. Powerful longshore and
rip currents will be present at most beaches. Large breaking
waves and strong currents may impact Harbor entrances and
channels causing challenging boat handling.
These dangerous conditions mean that only highly experienced
persons should enter the water. Inexperienced persons should
remain off beaches and adjacent beachfront areas. Large breaking
surf... significant shore break... and dangerous currents make
entering the water very hazardous. Anyone entering the water
could face significant injury or death.
Statement as of 4:29 PM HST on September 01, 2015
... Record high temperature set at Hilo hi...
A high temperature of 92 degrees at Hilo hi today breaks the old
record of 88 set in 2014.
- Alaska - Freeze Warning , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- Connecticut - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Georgia - Air Quality Alert
- Hawaii - Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, High Surf Warning , High Surf Warning , Record Report
- Idaho - Fire Weather Warning
- Indiana - Air Quality Alert
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kentucky - Air Quality Alert
- Maine - Record Report
- Minnesota - Special Statement
- Montana - Fire Weather Warning
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Blowing Dust Advisory , Blowing Dust Advisory, Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- New Jersey - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- New York - Record Report
- North Carolina - Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Special Statement , Special Statement, Air Quality Alert
- Texas - Public Information Statement
- Utah - Public Information Statement
- Washington - Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Special Statement
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement