Current Watches and Warnings
Hawaii, Big Island North and East
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 3:52 PM HST on August 23, 2016
Expires 6:00 AM EDT on August 24, 2016
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect until midnight HST
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* The Big Island.
* Until midnight HST tonight
* deep tropical moisture will continue to produce heavy downpours
and a chance of thunderstorms over The Big Island into tonight.
With the ground already saturated in many areas from heavy rains
during the past couple of days... there will be an elevated risk
for flash flooding. The greatest flood threat for leeward areas
will be during the afternoon and early evening hours. The threat
for flooding will persist longer over windward areas... possibly
requiring the watch to be extended through the night.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is very dangerous.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
Statement as of 5:03 PM HST on August 23, 2016
... Record daily maximum rainfall set at Hilo hi...
a record rainfall of 6.98 inches has occurred so far today at
Hilo hi. This breaks the old record of 3.59 set in 1982.
Additional rainfall is expected before midnight... and this record
event report will be updated later.
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Heat Advisory , Record Report
- California - Air Quality Alert
- Florida - Record Report
- Georgia - Record Report
- Hawaii - Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Iowa - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Michigan - Flood Warning , Beach Hazard Statement
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Missouri - Areal Flood Advisory
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Air Quality Alert
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Warning , Record Report
- North Carolina - Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Record Report
- Oregon - Record Report
- Puerto Rico - Flash Flood Watch
- South Carolina - Record Report
- South Dakota - Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Utah - Public Information Statement
- Virgin Islands - Flash Flood Watch
- Washington - Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Beach Hazard Statement, Special Statement , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Public Information Statement