Current Watches and Warnings
Severe Thunderstorm Warning
Statement as of 4:52 AM CDT on August 21, 2014
Expires 6:45 AM EDT on August 21, 2014
The National Weather Service in Des Moines has issued a
* Severe Thunderstorm Warning for...
northeastern Palo Alto County in northwest Iowa...
eastern Emmet County in northwest Iowa...
northern Kossuth County in north central Iowa...
* until 545 am CDT
* at 451 am CDT... a severe thunderstorm was located 8 miles south of
Iowa Lake... or 18 miles south of Fairmont... moving east at 50 mph.
Hazard... 60 mph wind gusts and quarter size hail.
Source... trained weather spotters.
Impact... hail damage to vehicles is expected. Expect wind damage
to roofs... siding and trees.
* Locations impacted include...
Iowa Lake... Swan Lake... Smith Pool... okamanpedan Lake...
Armstrong... Bancroft... Swea City... Burt... Titonka... Ringsted...
Fenton... Lakota... Lone Rock... Ledyard... Dolliver and okamanpedan
For your protection move to an interior room on the lowest floor of a
Lat... Lon 4350 9397 4318 9397 4312 9462 4336 9469
time... Mot... loc 0951z 261deg 44kt 4337 9445
Statement as of 5:05 PM CDT on August 20, 2014
... Record daily rainfall for Des Moines tied today...
The Des Moines International Airport has reported 2.10 inches of
rainfall so far today. This ties the previous record daily rainfall
for this date set back in 1891.
- Alabama - Heat Advisory , Special Statement
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Special Statement
- California - Fire Weather Watch , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Heat Advisory
- Illinois - Flash Flood Warning , Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Special Statement
- Indiana - Heat Advisory
- Iowa - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Record Report
- Kansas - Heat Advisory
- Kentucky - Heat Advisory
- Maryland - Dense Fog Advisory
- Massachusetts - Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Beach Hazard Statement , Special Statement , Record Report
- Mississippi - Special Statement
- Missouri - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning
- Montana - Record Report
- Nebraska - Record Report
- Nevada - Fire Weather Watch
- New York - Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Special Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Ohio - Flood Warning
- South Carolina - Heat Advisory
- South Dakota - Flash Flood Warning , Record Report
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Texas - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Vermont - Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Washington - Flash Flood Watch
- West Virginia - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Flash Flood Watch , Beach Hazard Statement , Special Statement