Current Watches and Warnings
Idaho, Central Panhandle Mountains
Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning
Statement as of 10:02 AM PDT on March 24, 2017
Expires 3:00 PM EDT on March 25, 2017
1002 am PDT Fri Mar 24 2017
The Flood Warning continues for
the St Joe river at St Maries.
* Until further notice.
* At 9:30 am Friday the stage was 35.56 feet.
* Flood stage is 32.50 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and will continue.
* Forecast... the river is expected to continue to fall but remaining
above flood stage through next week.
Lat... Lon 4701 11627 4717 11663 4728 11668 4740 11665 4735 11632
* at 36.0 feet... extensive lowland flooding is likely. Some sections
of the St Joe River Road may be inundated. Water will be up to some
homes in the trailer park on St Maries River Road. Water will
approach the flood gates in the levee at the Aqua Park.
* At 35.0 feet... water will be up to Aqua Avenue in St Maries.
* At 33.0 feet... water may be over St Joe city Road.
* At 32.5 feet... minor flooding will occur throughout the low lying
areas of the St Joe valley. Water will be observed behind levees
due to seepage. Minor flooding of the Aqua Park along the river's
edge. Outbuildings along the river that are not behind levees may
... Flood Warning now in effect until Wednesday afternoon...
the Flood Warning continues for
the lake Coeur D Alene
* until Wednesday afternoon.
* At 8:30 am Friday the stage was 2134.18 feet.
* Flood stage is 2133.00 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and will continue.
* Forecast... the lake is expected to continue to fall to below flood
stage on Wednesday.
Lat... Lon 4773 11694 4771 11656 4733 11667 4730 11696 4773 11694
* at 2134.8 feet... at this stage, fernan creek may begin flowing from
Coeur D'Alene Lake into Fernan Lake.
* At 2134.8 feet... the couer d'alene resort boardwalk, Independence
Point docks, and the 3rd street boat launch and parking lot will be
partially flooded. City beach and the city beach parking area will
be partially flooded. Several recreational picnic areas, docks, and
campsites around the lake and along the Chain Lakes will between
Harrison and Cataldo will be flooded. Businesses at the corner of
10th street and Lakeshore drive in Coeur D'Alene may have flooded
parking lots and water approaching their buildings.
* At 2134.7 feet... the boardwalk that parallels Bellerive Lane on the
Spokane river in Coeur D'Alene may be submerged and the docks may
* At 2134.4 feet... Squaw Bay Road at neachen Bay and Blue Lake Road
near Springston bridge in Harrison may be flooded at this stage.
Flooding may also occur at this stage on Black Rock Road east of
Highway 3, Lake Road, Thompson Lake Road, Willow Creek Road and
Evans Creek Road.
* At 2134.0 feet... Harbor Island may begin to experience minor
flooding. Water may begin to cover Loffs Bay Road at Loffs Bay.
* At 2133.5 feet... low areas at campground on Wolf Lodge Bay Road,
near I-90 and highgway 97, may begin to flood.
* At 2133.0 feet... if there are waves or boat wakes there may be some
minor flooding of residential and commercial property around the
lake. Flooding of lowland areas and some secondary roads adjacent
to Route 3 is likely, including Killarney Lake Road, Bull Run Road,
Rainey Hill Road, Medimont Road, and River Road between Highway 3
and Tamarack Ridge Road. Loffs Bay Road at Mica creek may also
begin to flood.
813 am PDT Fri Mar 24 2017
... A Flood Warning for rain and snowmelt remains in effect until noon
PDT Saturday for Bonner... boundary... Shoshone... Stevens... Ferry...
north and West Spokane and Pend Oreille counties...
* recent rain and snow melt will result in increased runoff with
localized small stream flooding... as well as field flooding.
Flooding will continue to remain a threat for many area
lakes... including Davis... Williams... eloika... and Newman. Our
unusually wet and snowy winter has raised the water table
unusually high over north Idaho and a large portion of Washington.
Flooding is ongoing in many areas. This includes the Colville
river going over Highway 395. A wet weather pattern will continue
through the middle of next week. Widespread valley rain is
expected today changing to showers Saturday. Sunday may end up a
dry day before more rounds of rain Monday through Wednesday.
* The saturated ground has produced conditions ripe for landslides
and debris flows on steep slopes around the area. Residents with
homes on or at the base of hillsides should be aware of the
potential for landslides and watch for trees leaning in unusual
orientations... water and mud seepage where not expected and other
signs of potential ground movement.
* In addition to small stream and field flooding... the Spokane
river... St. Joe river... and lake Coeur D'Alene will continue to
experience flooding through at least the middle of next week.
* Additional mudslides or Road washouts are possible as well.
Please report flooding to your local law enforcement agency when you
can do so safely.
Lat... Lon 4693 11633 4789 11632 4799 11651 4798 11702
4782 11706 4781 11738 4758 11771 4726 11757
4726 11782 4783 11782 4794 11824 4783 11841
4796 11885 4900 11884 4900 11606 4798 11605
4770 11572 4743 11575 4694 11498 4694 11499
- Alabama - Coastal Hazard Statement , Winter Weather Statement
- Alaska - Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory
- California - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Colorado - High Wind Warning , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Blizzard Warning , Winter Weather Statement , Winter Storm Warning, Winter Weather Advisory
- Connecticut - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Hazard Statement, High Surf Advisory
- Georgia - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Hawaii - Areal Flood Advisory
- Idaho - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Areal Flood Watch
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Fire Weather Warning
- Louisiana - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory
- Massachusetts - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Flood Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Wind Advisory
- Missouri - Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- Nebraska - Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- New Hampshire - Winter Weather Advisory
- New Mexico - High Wind Warning , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Blizzard Warning , Winter Weather Statement , Fire Weather Warning
- New York - Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Flood Watch
- Oklahoma - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- Pennsylvania - Winter Weather Advisory
- Rhode Island - Special Statement
- South Dakota - Public Information Statement
- Tennessee - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Statement
- Texas - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Winter Weather Advisory
- Wyoming - Areal Flood Warning