Current Watches and Warnings
Idaho, Western Magic Valley
Statement as of 2:43 PM MDT on October 20, 2014
Expires 7:00 AM EDT on October 21, 2014
... Major change in the weather Tuesday...
A strong upper level disturbance will move through eastern Oregon
and southwest Idaho tonight and early Tuesday. This will bring
showers and gusty winds to the area. Isolated thunderstorms are
forecast just ahead of the center of the upper low... a path that
extends from central and southern Harney and Malheur counties...
northeast through the Treasure valley... and into the Boise
Mountains and Camas Prairie. Precipitation amounts will range from
a tenth of an inch to a quarter inch in the valleys... and from
half an inch to an inch in the mountains. A couple inches of snow
will fall above 7000 feet... with up to 4 inches above 9000 feet.
High temperatures tomorrow will be around 20 degrees below today/S
readings... ranging from the upper 50s to lower 60s in the
valleys... and 30s and 40s in the mountains.
We are in for another quick change Wednesday... as milder weather
rapidly returns... along with mostly sunny skies. Temperatures will
rebound 5 to 10 degrees to put most areas right back near normal.
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- California - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Special Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Kansas - Dense Fog Advisory
- Missouri - Dense Fog Advisory
- Montana - Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- North Dakota - Record Report
- Oklahoma - Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Oregon - High Wind Watch , Special Statement
- Puerto Rico - Areal Flood Warning
- Texas - Record Report
- Washington - High Wind Watch , Record Report
- Wyoming - Record Report