Current Watches and Warnings
Indiana, La Porte
Beach Hazard Statement
Statement as of 9:32 PM CDT on July 28, 2014
Expires 5:00 AM EDT on July 29, 2014
... Beach hazards statement remains in effect until 5 am EDT /4 am
* high wave action and dangerous swimming conditions expected...
* strong rip currents expected...
* strong structural currents expected...
* overview/potential impacts... waves 5 to 8 feet subsiding to 2 to
4 feet overnight.
Dangerous pounding waves and life-threatening rip currents are
expected at the beaches. People visiting the beaches should stay
out of the water.
Rip currents are powerful channels of water flowing quickly away
from shore... which occur most often at low spots or breaks in
sandbars. Rip currents can sweep you into deeper water.
Structural currents form along piers where longshore currents and
wave action flow into the structure. Structural currents can
sweep you out into deeper water along the pier structure.
Statement as of 9:12 PM EDT on July 28, 2014
... Record cold high temperature set at South Bend...
A record cold high temperature of 64 degrees was set at South Bend
today. This breaks the old record of 67 degrees set in 2013.
- Alabama - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Colorado - Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Record Report
- Guam - High Surf Advisory, Flash Flood Watch
- Idaho - Heat Advisory
- Illinois - Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Record Report
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Minnesota - Record Report
- Nevada - Flash Flood Watch
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- New York - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Ohio - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement
- Pennsylvania - Record Report
- South Carolina - Record Report
- South Dakota - Record Report
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Utah - Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Record Report
- Virginia - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Heat Advisory , Special Statement
- West Virginia - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Special Statement , Public Information Statement