Current Watches and Warnings
Indiana, La Porte
Beach Hazard Statement
Statement as of 4:13 AM CDT on July 23, 2014
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on July 24, 2014
... Beach hazards statement remains in effect through Thursday
* high wave action and dangerous swimming conditions expected.
* Strong rip currents expected.
* Strong structural currents expected.
* Overview/potential impacts... strong north winds will result in 5
to 8 foot waves and strong rip currents... causing very dangerous
swimming conditions through Thursday morning.
Dangerous pounding waves and life-threatening rip currents are
expected at the beaches. People visiting the beaches should stay
out of the water.
Rip currents are powerful channels of water flowing quickly away
from shore... which occur most often at low spots or breaks in
sandbars. Rip currents can sweep you into deeper water.
Structural currents form along piers where longshore currents and
wave action flow into the structure. Structural currents can
sweep you out into deeper water along the pier structure.
Please visit the following website to share your thoughts on the
new beach hazards statement...
- Alabama - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Alaska - Special Statement
- Arizona - Excessive Heat Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Arkansas - Heat Advisory
- California - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Record Report
- Colorado - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Idaho - Fire Weather Watch
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- Indiana - Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Montana - High Wind Warning , Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Watch
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Advisory
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- New York - Special Statement
- North Carolina - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- South Carolina - Special Statement
- South Dakota - Record Report
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert
- Utah - Fire Weather Warning
- Virginia - Special Statement
- Washington - Flash Flood Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report