Current Watches and Warnings
Indiana, La Porte
Beach Hazard Statement
Statement as of 2:50 AM CDT on June 28, 2016
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on June 29, 2016
... Beach hazards statement remains in effect through late
* high wave action and dangerous swimming conditions expected.
* Strong rip currents expected.
* Strong structural currents expected.
* Overview/potential impacts... north winds 15 to 25 mph will
create 4 to 7 foot waves today and much of tonight.
Life threatening waves and currents are expected at the beaches.
People visiting the beaches should stay out of the water.
Rip currents are powerful channels of water flowing quickly away
from the shore... which occur most often at low spots or breaks in
sandbars. Rip currents can sweep you into deeper water.
Structural currents form along piers where longshore currents and
wave action flow into the structure. Structural currents can
sweep you out into deeper water along the pier structure.
- Alaska - Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- California - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Colorado - Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Illinois - Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Beach Hazard Statement, Air Quality Alert , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Special Statement
- Kentucky - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement
- Missouri - Dense Fog Advisory
- Montana - Special Statement
- Nevada - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- New York - Special Statement
- Oklahoma - Air Quality Alert
- Tennessee - Dense Fog Advisory
- Texas - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Utah - Areal Flood Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Vermont - Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Beach Hazard Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report