Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 11:53 AM CDT on April 23, 2018
Expires 5:45 PM EDT on April 25, 2018
The Flood Warning continues for the Ohio River at the Newburgh dam.
* Until Wednesday afternoon.
* At 11 am Monday the stage was 41.0 feet.
* Flood stage is 38.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... the river is near crest at this time and will fall to
below flood stage late Wednesday morning.
Lat... Lon 3801 8745 3790 8721 3780 8728 3787 8745
Statement as of 2:47 PM CDT on April 23, 2018
Expires 6:15 PM EDT on April 23, 2018
1052 am CDT Mon Apr 23 2018
At 245 p.M., Scattered thunderstorms were observed across much of
west Kentucky and into extreme southern Illinois. The strongest
storms were from near Paducah to Mayfield, and also from just
south of Madisonville to just south of Greenville. Movement was
The activity will continue this afternoon. Some of the stronger
storms will produce one half to three quarters of an inch of
rainfall in about 30 minutes. Small hail is also possible.
Isolated standing water issues in areas that typically experience
problems is probable. This is most likely across west Kentucky
across The Purchase area.
... A few thunderstorms with heavy rain expected through this
Bands of showers continue to develop and move north and northwest
around a surface low pressure center located near the Missouri
Some of the bands of heavier rainfall will produce between one
quarter to one half inch of rain an hour as they move across the
As the rain continues through the afternoon, some thunderstorms
will develop within these rain bands and may increase local
rainfall amounts closer to three quarters of an inch or higher.
Given the compact and dynamic nature of the low pressure system
over the area, a few storms may become intense enough to produce
small hail, generally less than one half inch in size.
The majority of any thunderstorm activity will likely remain
across the pennyrile region of west Kentucky and across southern
and southeast Illinois this afternoon. Some locations in southwest
Indiana, along the Ohio River may also see an isolated thunderstorm
The greatest coverage of thunderstorms will likely occur between
1 PM and 5pm CDT today.
The bands of rain may cause additional drainage problems in areas
that saw rainfall in excess of three inches the past two days.
Please avoid any roads that may have water over them and obey
posted Road barricades and closures.
- Alabama - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Flood Advisory
- Alaska - High Wind Warning , Wind Advisory
- Arizona - Air Quality Alert
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- California - Record Report
- Colorado -
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Special Statement
- Georgia - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Coastal Hazard Statement , Lake Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- Idaho - Areal Flood Advisory
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kentucky - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Flood Advisory
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Montana - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Nevada -
- New Mexico -
- North Carolina - Areal Flood Watch , Coastal Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement, Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Hazard Statement , High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory, Beach Hazard Statement, High Surf Advisory
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Puerto Rico - Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
- South Carolina - Areal Flood Watch , Coastal Hazard Statement , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, High Surf Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory
- South Dakota - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- Tennessee - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Special Statement
- Texas - Tropical Storm Warning , Storm Surge Watch, Tropical Storm Warning , Flood Warning , High Wind Watch , Air Quality Alert
- Virgin Islands - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Virginia - Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory
- West Virginia - Wind Advisory
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning
- Wyoming - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement