Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 8:26 AM CDT on May 28, 2016
Expires 7:36 AM EDT on May 30, 2016
The Flood Warning continues for
the Salt Creek at Barnard.
* Until Monday morning.
* At 6:38 am Saturday the stage was 23.4 feet.
* Flood stage is 21.0 feet.
* Moderate flooding is occurring and moderate flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... the river will continue to fall to below flood stage by
early Sunday afternoon.
* Impact... at 23.3 feet... flooding of low lying and agricultural areas
will occur. Flood waters will begin to flow over Highway 284 just
1/4 of a mile east of the River Bridge. North 250th Road by the
Salt Creek bridge floods.
Fld observed forecast 7 am
location stg stg day time sun Mon Tue
Barnard 21.0 23.4 Sat 07 am 22.4 8.7 5.9
lat... Lon 3922 9811 3917 9808 3912 9793 3919 9793
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 6:00 AM CDT on May 29, 2016
... On this date in weather history...
In 1951, a massive hailstorm occurred from Wallace to
Kearney County in Kansas. The hail caused $6 million
damage to crops. In 1953, an F4 tornado with a track 20
miles long and around one third of a mile wide, tore
through Morton and Emmons counties of south central North
Dakota. The twister killed 2 and injured 20. One of the
deaths occurred in Fort Rice, where a catholic church was
leveled. Its pews were jammed 4 feet into the ground!
- Alaska - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Arizona - Air Quality Alert
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Record Report
- Georgia - Hurricane Statement , Areal Flood Advisory , Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Hawaii - Areal Flood Advisory
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Record Report
- Massachusetts - Record Report
- Michigan - Record Report
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Nebraska - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- New Hampshire - Record Report
- New Jersey - Special Statement , Record Report
- New York - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- North Carolina - Hurricane Statement , Coastal Hazard Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- Ohio - Record Report
- Oklahoma - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Pennsylvania - Special Statement , Record Report
- Rhode Island - Record Report
- South Carolina - Tropical Storm Warning , Hurricane Statement , Flash Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Texas - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Coastal Hazard Statement , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Record Report
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Flood Warning