Current Watches and Warnings
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 2:09 AM CDT on July 02, 2016
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on July 03, 2016
... Flash Flood Watch in effect through Sunday morning...
The National Weather Service in Wichita has issued a
* Flash Flood Watch for portions of central Kansas... south
central Kansas and southeast Kansas... including the following
areas... in central Kansas... Barton... Chase... Ellsworth...
Marion... McPherson... Rice and Saline. In south central
Kansas... Harvey and Reno. In southeast Kansas... Allen...
Greenwood and Woodson.
* Through Sunday morning.
* A couple of thunderstorm complexes with torrential rainfall
rates are expected to move through the watch area. One complex
will move through this morning, with a second complex moving
through the region tonight. Storm total rainfall amounts of 2 to
4 inches with locally higher amounts are possible.
* Low lying areas... urban areas... and those areas that are prone
to flooding could see rapid rising waters in a short time.
Persons camping along creeks and rivers will be at a greater
risk to the dangers of flash flooding.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
Remember to turn around... don't drown.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Alabama - Air Quality Alert
- Alaska - Areal Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arizona - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- California - Flash Flood Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Air Quality Alert
- Hawaii - Wind Advisory
- Illinois - Flash Flood Watch
- Indiana - Beach Hazard Statement
- Kansas - Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Maryland - Areal Flood Warning
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement
- Missouri - Flash Flood Watch
- Montana - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Nevada - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- New York - Beach Hazard Statement
- North Carolina - Special Statement
- Oregon - Fire Weather Watch
- Tennessee - Public Information Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Special Statement
- Washington - Fire Weather Watch
- Wyoming - Record Report , Public Information Statement