Current Watches and Warnings
Flash Flood Warning
Statement as of 9:30 PM CDT on August 26, 2016
Expires 9:36 AM EDT on August 28, 2016
834 PM CDT Fri Aug 26 2016
... The Flash Flood Warning remains in effect until 145 am CDT for
Leavenworth... Wyandotte... Clinton... Platte... Clay and southeastern
At 928 PM CDT... emergency management reported heavy rain and
significant flash flooding in the downtown Kansas City area. Up to
three inches of rain has fallen and additional heavy rain is
expected this evening and overnight. Dangerous flash flooding is
Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Shawnee... Leavenworth... Liberty... Gladstone... Lansing...
Excelsior Springs... Cameron... Smithville... Kearney...
Bonner Springs... De Soto... Parkville... Platte City... Basehor...
Edwardsville... North Kansas City... Riverside... Lawson...
Plattsburg and Lathrop.
Be especially cautious at night when it is harder to recognize the
dangers of flooding.
A Flash Flood Warning means that flooding is imminent or occurring.
If you are in the warned area move to higher ground immediately.
Residents living along streams and creeks should take immediate
precautions to protect life and property.
Lat... Lon 3941 9517 3942 9496 3975 9464 3974 9421
3924 9421 3924 9429 3920 9432 3918 9438
3920 9440 3917 9440 3915 9454 3911 9461
3905 9461 3904 9476 3907 9485 3899 9491
3901 9503 3910 9497 3921 9518
The National Weather Service in Pleasant Hill MO has issued a
* Flood Warning for
the stranger creek at Easton.
* Until Sunday morning.
* At 8:16 PM Friday the stage was 15.4 feet.
* Flood stage is 17.0 feet.
* Moderate flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... rise above flood stage by tonight and continue to rise
to near 19.0 feet by early Saturday morning. The river will fall
below flood stage by Saturday morning.
* At 18.0 feet... 1st street in Easton and 231st street north and
south of Easton begin to flood.
* At 17.0 feet... water enters low-lying fields south of Easton.
location fs stage day/time forecast
Easton 17 15.4 Fri 08 PM 19.0 early Saturday morning
lat... Lon 3947 9519 3948 9511 3920 9500 3918 9511
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- California - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Record Report
- Georgia - Special Statement
- Idaho - Fire Weather Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Illinois - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Indiana - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Kansas - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Kentucky - Special Statement , Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Michigan - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Montana - Air Quality Alert
- Nevada - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flash Flood Warning
- New York - Record Report
- Ohio - Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Record Report
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Public Information Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Public Information Statement
- Washington - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement