CBS 2 Chicago wbbm7801059 670 The Score

Chicago Weather

weatherapp chi 600x600 Chicago WeatherClick here for the latest Chicago Weather Forecast from WBBM Newsradio and CBS 2! View the AccuWeather Local Forecast and view the Chicagoland Weather Radar Maps to see what kind of weather will strike next in the city and suburbs. Check the extended forecast, and get the “Feels Like” temp, humidity, wind, barometer, and even sunrise and sunset times. Brought to you by CBS 2 and WBBM Newsradio’s Traffic and Weather on the 8’s

Severe Weather

Current Watches and Warnings

More Maps

Kentucky, Carroll

Public Information Statement

Statement as of 10:15 AM EDT on September 22, 2014

When does the first freeze of the fall season normally occur?

A temperature of 32 degrees fahrenheit has officially been recorded
as early as Sep 28th at Cincinnati... Sep 21st in Columbus and Dayton.
However... elements such as topography... urban and rural setting and
placement of recording instrument can create wide variations in
temperatures across an area.

National Weather Service temperatures are officially taken at an
elevation of five feet above the ground... but the temperature at
ground level may be colder. On typical fall nights when frost
occurs... the temperature at the five foot level may read 36 degrees
while at the ground level it is actually the 32 degrees needed to
form frost.

The following reference table will give an idea as to when the first
freezing temperatures might occur... based on the latest 30 years of
climatological data available at each of the listed locations. An
updated graphical presentation of the current status of the NWS
Wilmington frost/freeze program will be available on our website
at www.Weather.Gov/iln/.

Location avg date first first 32f in one first 32f in nine
                 32f in fall year out of ten years out of ten
                                (10% probability) (90% likelihood)

..southwest Ohio

Cincinnati Oct 23 Oct 9 Nov 6
Dayton Oct 19 Oct 3 Nov 4
Hillsboro Oct 24 Oct 7 Nov 9
Milford Oct 13 Sep 28 Oct 29
Wilmington Oct 13 Sep 28 Oct 27
Xenia Oct 11 Sep 26 Oct 27

..central Ohio

Circleville Oct 19 Oct 2 Nov 4
Columbus Oct 20 Oct 6 Nov 3
Delaware Oct 9 Sep 27 Oct 22
London Oct 8 Sep 25 Oct 21
Marysville Oct 16 Sep 28 Nov 3
Newark Oct 11 Sep 27 Oct 26
Washington c.H. Oct 19 Oct 4 Nov 3

..west central Ohio

Bellefontaine Oct 11 Sep 27 Oct 25
Greenville Oct 8 Sep 25 Oct 22
Kenton Oct 13 Sep 26 Oct 30
Springfield Oct 10 Sep 29 Oct 20
Urbana Oct 11 Sep 25 Oct 28

..south central Ohio

Portsmouth Oct 17 Sep 28 Nov 4
Waverly Oct 9 Sep 25 Nov 9


Carrollton Oct 20 Oct 8 Nov 1
Covington Oct 17 Oct 5 Oct 30
Maysville Oct 20 Oct 7 Nov 3
Warsaw Oct 17 Oct 3 Oct 30
Williamstown Oct 21 Oct 6 Nov 4


Richmond Oct 12 Sep 29 Oct 24
Vevay Oct 24 Oct 9 Nov 8

Weather Severe Map
Arizona - Areal Flood Advisory
Arkansas - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
California - Dense Smoke Advisory , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch
Colorado - Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
Connecticut - Public Information Statement
Florida - Flood Warning , Special Statement
Georgia - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
Hawaii - Record Report
Idaho - Air Quality Alert
Illinois - Public Information Statement
Indiana - Public Information Statement
Kansas - Public Information Statement
Kentucky - Public Information Statement
Louisiana - Public Information Statement
Maine - Public Information Statement
Maryland - Frost Advisory , Public Information Statement
Massachusetts - High Surf Advisory , Public Information Statement
Missouri - Public Information Statement
Nevada - Dense Smoke Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
New Hampshire - Public Information Statement
New Jersey - Coastal Hazard Statement
New Mexico - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
New York - Coastal Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
North Carolina - Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
Ohio - Coastal Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
Oklahoma - Public Information Statement
Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
Pennsylvania - Coastal Hazard Statement , Frost Advisory
Rhode Island - High Surf Advisory
Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
Utah - Public Information Statement
Vermont - Public Information Statement
Virginia - Frost Advisory , Public Information Statement
Washington - Record Report
West Virginia - Frost Advisory