Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 9:04 PM CDT on April 17, 2015
Expires 12:04 PM EDT on April 18, 2015
The Flood Warning continues for
the Mermentau river near Mermentau.
* Until further notice... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 8:15 PM Friday the stage was 4.1 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 4.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river will continue rising to near 5.0 feet by early
Tuesday morning then begin falling.
* Impact... at stages near 4.0 feet... minor lowland flooding near the
river will occur.
Lat... Lon 3025 9266 3004 9276 3004 9260 3019 9254 3024 9255
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 6:15 AM CDT on April 18, 2015
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on April 18, 2015
1203 PM CDT Thu Apr 16 2015
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect through this evening...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of Louisiana and Texas... including the following
areas... in Louisiana... Acadia... Allen... Avoyelles...
Beauregard... Calcasieu... East Cameron... Evangeline... Iberia...
Jefferson Davis... Lafayette... lower St. Martin... Rapides... St.
Landry... St. Mary... upper St. Martin... Vermilion... Vernon and
West Cameron. In Texas... Hardin... Jefferson... northern
Jasper... northern Newton... Orange... southern Jasper... southern
Newton and Tyler.
* Through this evening
* widespread showers and thunderstorms are expected to develop
again over the area... mainly late this morning into the
afternoon. Rainfall amounts of 1 to 3 inches are possible... with
locally higher amounts possible. This rainfall will quickly run
off... resulting in flash flooding of poorly drained or low
* Areas that see heavy rainfall within a short time could
receive flood water to depths that would impact property and
people in those areas. Area creeks... streams and rivers are
also likely to experience rises.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
The National Weather Service in Lake Charles has issued a
* Flood Watch for
The Bayou Nezpique near Basile
* from late Saturday night until further notice.
* At 11:00 am Thursday the stage was 18.9 feet.
* Moderate flooding is possible.
* Flood stage is 22.0 feet.
* Forecast... flood stage may be reached by early Sunday morning.
* Impact... at stages near 24.0 feet... moderate flood threat
downstream including a few residences near Jennings, Mermentau, and
Silverwood. Operations at Silverwood shipyard could be affected.
* Impact... at stages near 22.0 feet... minor agricultural flood
damage will occur.
Lat... Lon 3061 9262 3046 9269 3022 9267 3022 9256 3062 9250
- Alabama - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Alaska - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Blizzard Warning
- Arizona - Fire Weather Warning
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory
- California - High Surf Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Freeze Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Flood Warning , Fire Weather Warning
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Georgia - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Flood Advisory
- Maine - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch
- Massachusetts - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flood Advisory
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory
- Nebraska - Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- New Hampshire - Special Statement
- New Jersey - Fire Weather Warning
- New Mexico - Winter Weather Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement
- New York - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- North Carolina - Dense Fog Advisory
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Oklahoma - Areal Flood Advisory
- Pennsylvania - Fire Weather Warning
- Rhode Island - Special Statement
- Tennessee - Flood Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Dense Fog Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Record Report
- Vermont - Special Statement
- Virginia - Dense Fog Advisory
- Wisconsin - Fire Weather Warning
- Wyoming - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Record Report
- - Small Craft Advisory