Current Watches and Warnings
Louisiana, Lower St. Martin
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 3:15 PM CDT on August 30, 2014
Expires 1:00 AM EDT on August 31, 2014
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect until midnight CDT
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of Louisiana and southeast Texas... including the
following areas... in Louisiana... Acadia... Allen... Avoyelles...
Beauregard... Calcasieu... East Cameron... Evangeline... Iberia...
Jefferson Davis... Lafayette... lower St. Martin... Rapides... St.
Landry... St. Mary... upper St. Martin... Vermilion... Vernon and
West Cameron. In southeast Texas... Jefferson and Orange.
* Until midnight CDT tonight
* average total rain amounts of 2 inches will be possible through
this evening... with isolated amounts up to 4 inches possible.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
Statement as of 5:17 PM CDT on August 30, 2014
... Record daily maximum rainfall set at Lake Charles...
a record rainfall of 7.78 inches was set at Lake Charles today.
This breaks the old record of 2.5 set in 1982.
- Alaska - Frost Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Excessive Heat Warning
- Arkansas - Record Report
- California - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Beach Hazard Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Special Statement
- Idaho - Special Statement
- Illinois - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Indiana - Record Report
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning , Record Report
- Kentucky - Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Louisiana - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Michigan - Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Montana - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning
- Nebraska - Flood Warning
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- North Dakota - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Flood Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Record Report
- Oregon - Areal Flood Advisory
- South Dakota - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Special Statement
- Tennessee - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Special Statement , Public Information Statement