Current Watches and Warnings
Louisiana, Lower St. Martin
Severe Thunderstorm Watch
Statement as of 11:48 PM CDT on April 17, 2015
Expires 3:00 AM EDT on April 18, 2015
Severe Thunderstorm Watch 71 remains valid until 2 am CDT
Saturday for the following areas
In Louisiana this watch includes 9 parishes
In south central Louisiana
Iberia Lafayette St. Martin
In southwest Louisiana
Acadia Calcasieu Cameron
Jefferson Davis Vermilion
This includes the cities of... Abbeville... Bayou Vista... Berwick...
Breaux Bridge... Cameron... Church Point... Crowley... Franklin...
Hackberry... Jennings... Kaplan... Lafayette... Lake Charles...
Morgan City... New Iberia... Patterson... Rayne... St. Martinville...
Sulphur and Welsh.
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 5:52 PM CDT on April 17, 2015
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on April 18, 2015
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect through Saturday evening...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of Louisiana and Texas... including the following
areas... in Louisiana... Acadia... Allen... Avoyelles...
Beauregard... Calcasieu... East Cameron... Evangeline... Iberia...
Jefferson Davis... Lafayette... lower St. Martin... Rapides... St.
Landry... St. Mary... upper St. Martin... Vermilion... Vernon and
West Cameron. In Texas... Hardin... Jefferson... northern
Jasper... northern Newton... Orange... southern Jasper... southern
Newton and Tyler.
* Through Saturday evening
* widespread showers and thunderstorms are expected to develop
again over the area... mainly tonight into Saturday. Rainfall
amounts of 1 to 3 inches are possible... with locally higher
amounts possible. This rainfall will quickly run off...
resulting in flash flooding of poorly drained or low lying
* Areas that see heavy rainfall within a short time could
receive flood water to depths that would impact property and
people in those areas. Area creeks... streams and rivers are
also likely to experience rises.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
Statement as of 3:19 AM CDT on April 17, 2015
- Alabama - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch, Coastal Hazard Statement , Flash Flood Watch
- Alaska - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- California - High Surf Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Freeze Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Flood Warning , Fire Weather Watch
- Florida - Flash Flood Watch, Coastal Hazard Statement , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Georgia - Record Report
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Special Statement , Record Report
- Kentucky - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Louisiana - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Maine - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch
- Massachusetts - Fire Weather Watch
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flood Advisory
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Tornado Watch , Record Report
- New Jersey - Fire Weather Watch
- New Mexico - Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement
- New York - Fire Weather Watch
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Oregon - Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Fire Weather Watch
- Rhode Island - Fire Weather Watch
- Tennessee - Flood Advisory
- Texas - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Tornado Watch , Tornado Watch , Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Vermont - Fire Weather Watch
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- - Small Craft Advisory