Current Watches and Warnings
Maine, Northern Penobscot
Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning
Statement as of 3:56 AM EDT on April 18, 2014
Expires 5:00 AM EDT on April 18, 2014
1012 PM EDT Thu Apr 17 2014
The Flood Warning continues for
the Mattawamkeag River at Mattawamkeag
* until Sunday afternoon... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 3:30 am this morning the stage was 16.0 feet this is at record
* Major flooding is occurring and major flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 13.5 feet.
* Forecast... the river has crested and is forecast to fall to below
flood stage by Sunday morning.
*Impacts... the River Road in Mattawamkeag is flooded. Lancater Road is
flooded in kinman.
... The Flood Warning remains in effect until 500 am EDT Friday for
extreme southwestern Penobscot County...
* at 900 PM EDT Thursday law enforcement in Penobscot County report
some improvement during the evening hours with the cooler
temperatures but are not confident that additional problems will
* The Lincoln street bridge is closed in Dexter as a culvert let go
and caused significant damage to the Road earlier today. Due to
the high water levels there is the possibility that additional
flooding could occur with little or no notice or that other
culverts could be pushed up and release water.
A Flood Warning means that flooding is imminent or has been reported.
Stream rises will be slow and flash flooding is not expected.
However... all interested parties should take necessary precautions
Most flood deaths occur in automobiles. Never drive your vehicle into
areas where the water covers the roadway. Flood waters are usually
deeper than they appear. Just one foot of flowing water is powerful
enough to sweep vehicles off the Road. When encountering flooded
roads make the smart choice... turn around... dont drown.
Lat... Lon 4505 6932 4506 6925 4500 6923 4500 6931
Areal Flood Watch
Statement as of 2:06 AM EDT on April 18, 2014
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on April 18, 2014
... Flood Watch remains in effect until 8 am EDT this morning...
The Flood Watch continues for
* portions of east central Maine and northern Maine... including
the following areas... in east central Maine... central
Penobscot... northern Penobscot and southern Penobscot. In
northern Maine... northeast Aroostook... Northwest Aroostook and
* Until 8 am EDT this morning
* ice was moving on the Saint John river through Madawaska toward
grand ilse. Much of river was open outside this ice movement all
the way down into Hamlin. The ice could become locked up for a
time near grand ilse which would lead to water backing up quickly
in a short period of time. Minor flooding is possible.
* Elsewhere, river and stream levels are still running very high
with the mattwawmkeag river in Mattawamkeag out of its banks and
flooding is occurring in that region. The Penobscot and
Piscataquis rivers as well as the Stillwater river are receding
and below flood stage.
A Flood Watch means there is a potential for flooding based on
You should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible
flood warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be
prepared to take action should flooding develop.
Statement as of 2:35 AM EDT on April 18, 2014
Expires 2:35 PM EDT on April 18, 2014
Forecast information for
Penobscot river at Eddington.
* At 2:15 am this morning the stage was 18.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring
* flood stage is 18.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river will crest near 18.7 feet and then drop back below flood stage
later this morning.
* Impacts... portions of Route 2 will be affected with water on the Road
Statement as of 9:35 AM EDT on April 17, 2014
... Record low temperature set at Portland ME...
A record low temperature of 22 degrees was set at Portland ME this
morning. This breaks the old record of 24 degrees set back in 2003.
- Alabama - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Coastal Hazard Statement, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- California - Record Report
- Colorado - Record Report
- Connecticut - Flood Warning , Frost Advisory , Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Watch, Areal Flood Watch , High Surf Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch, High Surf Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Hazard Statement, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch, High Surf Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Flash Flood Watch , Wind Advisory
- Idaho - Wind Advisory
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Frost Advisory
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Maine - Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report
- Maryland - Frost Advisory
- Massachusetts - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Minnesota - Flood Warning
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Advisory
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , High Wind Watch , High Wind Warning , Record Report
- New Hampshire - Flood Warning , Record Report
- New Jersey - Frost Advisory , Record Report
- New York - Flood Warning , Frost Advisory , Record Report
- North Carolina - Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Oregon - High Surf Advisory
- Pennsylvania - Frost Advisory , Record Report
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch
- Tennessee - Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Vermont - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Virginia - Frost Advisory , Winter Weather Statement , Record Report
- Washington - Areal Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning , Record Report