Current Watches and Warnings
Lake Effect Snow Advisory
Statement as of 10:21 AM CDT on October 30, 2014
Expires 12:00 PM EDT on October 31, 2014
... Lake effect Snow Advisory remains in effect from 8 PM EDT
/7 PM CDT/ this evening to noon EDT /11 am CDT/ Friday...
* lake effect snow will begin to accumulate early this
evening... and continue moderate at times tonight... before
tapering to flurries late Friday morning.
* Expect total snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches tonight
through Friday morning. Look for the greatest accumulation
over higher terrain from The Porcupine mountains through
Rockland to Hancock and Mohawk. Expect the least accumulation
along the Lake Superior shoreline.
* the wet snow will result in slippery conditions on area
roadways tonight into early Friday.
* North winds gusting to 30 mph at times could also create some
blowing of snow and lowered visibility.
* a lake effect Snow Advisory Means Lake effect snow is
forecast that will make travel difficult in some areas.
* Prepare... plan... and stay informed. Visit www.Weather.Gov/MQT
Lakeshore Flood Advisory
Statement as of 3:59 AM CDT on October 30, 2014
Expires 2:00 PM EDT on October 31, 2014
... Lakeshore Flood Advisory in effect from 2 am EDT /1 am CDT/ to
2 PM EDT /1 PM CDT/ Friday...
The National Weather Service in Marquette has issued a Lakeshore
Flood Advisory... which is in effect from 2 am EDT /1 am CDT/ to
2 PM EDT /1 PM CDT/ Friday.
* Winds... north winds will increase rapidly tonight and gust up to 45
to 50 mph after midnight along the Lake Superior shoreline. The
highest wind gusts will last from midnight through mid Friday
morning before the wind diminishes in the afternoon.
* Waves... waves will build up to 15 feet late tonight and stay above
13 feet along the Lake Superior shoreline through Friday morning.
* Impacts... with waves that high... low lying areas will flood along
the Lake Superior shoreline... especially along Lakeshore Boulevard
A Lakeshore Flood Advisory indicates that onshore winds will
generate flooding of low areas along the Lakeshore.
- Arkansas - Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning
- California - Winter Storm Warning , Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Illinois - Lakeshore Flood Advisory , Freeze Watch , Special Statement
- Indiana - Lakeshore Flood Advisory , Freeze Watch , Special Statement
- Kansas - Freeze Warning , Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning, Freeze Watch
- Kentucky - Freeze Watch , Special Statement
- Michigan - Lakeshore Flood Advisory , Lake Effect Snow Advisory
- Missouri - Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning , Special Statement
- Nebraska - Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Winter Storm Warning , Special Statement
- North Carolina - Winter Storm Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning
- South Carolina - Record Report
- Tennessee - Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Winter Storm Watch , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Areal Flood Watch
- Wisconsin - Wind Advisory , Lake Effect Snow Advisory , Special Statement