Current Watches and Warnings
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 3:45 PM CDT on June 30, 2016
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on July 04, 2016
... Flash Flood Watch in effect from Saturday morning through
The National Weather Service in St Louis has issued a
* Flash Flood Watch for portions of Illinois and Missouri...
including the following in ... Illinois... Adams IL... Bond IL...
Brown IL... Calhoun IL... Clinton IL... Fayette IL... Greene IL...
Jersey IL... Macoupin IL... Madison IL... Marion IL... Montgomery
IL and Pike IL. In Missouri... Audrain MO... Boone MO... Callaway
MO... Knox MO... Lewis MO... Lincoln MO... Marion MO... Monroe MO...
Montgomery MO... Pike MO... Ralls MO... Saint Charles MO... Saint
Louis City MO... Saint Louis MO... Shelby MO and Warren MO.
* From Saturday morning through Monday morning
* a stalled frontal boundary across southern Missouri and southern
Illinois this weekend will act as the focus for several rounds
of showers and thunderstorms from Saturday through Sunday night.
Locations along and north of Interstate 70 appear most likely
to receive the heaviest rainfall. Widespread rainfall amounts of
3 to 5 inches are likely in the watch area with higher amounts
* Heavy rainfall will result in flooding of low lying or poor
drainage areas... and ultimately dangerous flash flooding on
smaller creeks and streams. Significant rises on larger
streams and rivers will also be possible.
A Flash Flood Watch is advanced notice that conditions are
favorable that may lead to flash flooding. People in the watch
area... especially in flood prone areas... should use this time to
make preparations just in case. Stay informed... and be ready for
quick action if flooding is observed or if a Flash Flood Warning
- Alabama - Air Quality Alert
- Alaska - Areal Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Arizona - Areal Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- California - Flash Flood Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Flash Flood Watch
- Hawaii - Wind Advisory
- Illinois - Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- Indiana - Beach Hazard Statement
- Kansas - Flash Flood Watch
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement
- Missouri - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Nevada - Flash Flood Warning , Record Report
- New Jersey - Areal Flood Advisory
- New York - Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Texas - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Utah - Flash Flood Watch
- Virginia - Special Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report