Current Watches and Warnings
Areal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 2:32 PM CDT on May 24, 2016
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on May 24, 2016
The National Weather Service in Paducah has issued a
* Flood Advisory for...
Ripley County in southeastern Missouri...
* until 700 PM CDT
* at 227 PM CDT... Doppler radar indicated heavy rain due to
thunderstorms. This will cause minor flooding in the advisory
area. The heaviest rainfall based on Doppler radar is just
southwest of Doniphan toward the Gatewood area. Also, for those
that may be traveling west on Highway 160, flooding has been
reported about 4 miles east southeast of Alton in Oregon County.
Additional thunderstorm activity is expected through the
afternoon. Monitor for updates on this advisory, and for a
possible upgrade to a warning should one become necessary.
* Some locations that may experience minor flooding include...
Gatewood... handy and Briar.
Minor flooding is occurring or is imminent. It is important to know
where you are relative to streams... rivers... or creeks which can
become killers in heavy rains. Campers and hikers should avoid
streams or creeks.
Lat... Lon 3682 9111 3677 9066 3650 9066 3650 9113
- Alaska - Areal Flood Watch , Record Report
- Arizona - Fire Weather Warning
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Colorado - Tornado Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Advisory
- Connecticut - Air Quality Alert
- Florida - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- Idaho - Public Information Statement
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Air Quality Alert
- Kansas - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning
- Kentucky - Air Quality Alert
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maryland - Record Report
- Michigan - Tornado Warning , Fire Weather Warning
- Minnesota - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Areal Flood Advisory
- Montana - Areal Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Flood Warning
- New Jersey - Air Quality Alert
- New Mexico - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch
- New York - Air Quality Alert
- North Carolina - Record Report
- Oklahoma - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Hydrologic Statement
- Pennsylvania - Air Quality Alert
- South Carolina - Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- Tennessee - Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Fire Weather Watch , Hydrologic Statement , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Record Report
- Washington - Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Flood Warning , Special Statement