Current Watches and Warnings
Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning
Statement as of 11:16 AM MDT on April 22, 2018
Expires 10:15 PM EDT on April 22, 2018
1116 am MDT sun Apr 22 2018
... Flood Warning extended until Monday afternoon... the Flood Warning
the Big Sandy Creek at Havre.
* Until Monday afternoon... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 10:30 am Sunday the stage was 9.3 feet.
* Flood stage is 8.5 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... the river is forecast to fall below flood stage tomorrow morning.
Lat... Lon 4849 10994 4857 10983 4857 10978 4847 10989
... Flood Warning extended until Wednesday may 02... the Flood Warning
the Lodge creek near international border.
* Until Wednesday may 02... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 10:25 am Sunday the stage was 9.6 feet.
* Flood stage is 7.0 feet.
* Moderate flooding is occurring and moderate to minor flooding is
* Forecast... the river has peaked and is beginning to fall. It will
continue to fall... but will remain above flood stage for much of
* Impacts... as the peak rise moves downstream... significant rises of
2 to 5 feet may be experienced along the creek which will add to
the ongoing flood impacts. If flooding is not occuring at your
location now... prepare for additional rises over the next day or two.
Lat... Lon 4868 10930 4868 11000 4899 11000 4899 10930
1116 am MDT sun Apr 22 2018
The Flood Warning continues for
the milk river at Havre.
* Until this evening... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 10:15 am Sunday the stage was 9.5 feet.
* Flood stage is 10.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river is forecast to continue falling below flood
stage by this evening. If this trend continues... the warning may
be cancelled early.
Lat... Lon 4850 10993 4870 10988 4869 10912 4847 10918
716 PM MDT Thu Apr 19 2018
... A Flood Warning for snowmelt remains in effect until 815 PM MDT
Sunday for Blaine and hill counties...
Emergency management continues to report flooding across portions of
hill and Blaine counties and the Montana Department of
Transportation reports numerous roads being impacted, including
portions of Highway 2. Snowmelt will continue to cause flooding of
low lying areas, small creeks and fields into this weekend as the
remaining snow-pack melts out.
Some locations that could experience flooding include...
Havre, Chinook, Harlem, Beaver Creek, Inverness, Gildford, Hays, fort
Belknap, Turner, Box Elder, azure, Hingham, Rudyard, Lohman, Lodge
Pole, Cleveland, Zurich, Laredo, Lloyd and Kremlin.
Turn around, don't drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles.
Lat... Lon 4844 10836 4844 10842 4801 10844 4798 10859
4799 10860 4798 10862 4780 10948 4831 10951
4832 11070 4898 11072 4899 10826
- Alabama - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- Alaska - High Wind Watch , Record Report
- Arizona - Air Quality Alert
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Colorado -
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Beach Hazard Statement , Special Statement, Beach Hazard Statement , Special Statement
- Georgia - Areal Flood Watch , Coastal Hazard Statement , Wind Advisory
- Idaho - Areal Flood Advisory
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Record Report
- Kentucky - Flood Warning
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Flood Advisory
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- Mississippi - Tornado Warning , Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Montana - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Nevada -
- New Mexico -
- North Carolina - Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Oklahoma - Record Report
- South Carolina - Areal Flood Watch
- South Dakota - Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning
- Tennessee - Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Special Statement
- Texas - Tropical Storm Warning , Storm Surge Watch, Tropical Storm Warning , Flood Warning , Record Report
- Virgin Islands - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning