Current Watches and Warnings
Montana, Southern Rocky Mountain Front
High Wind Warning
Statement as of 5:44 AM MDT on April 21, 2018
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on April 21, 2018
... High Wind Warning remains in effect from 9 am this morning to
9 PM MDT this evening...
* winds: southwest 35 to 45 mph with gusts up to 70 mph. Local
gusts up to 80 mph are possible along the immediate Rocky
Mountain front and in wind prone areas.
* Timing: winds will increase along the Rocky Mountain front and
in eastern Glacier County by the mid morning hours today. These
winds will then become strong and gusty during the afternoon
and into the early evening hours tonight.
* Impacts: these strong winds may blow down trees and power lines.
Scattered power outages are possible. Travel will be difficult,
especially for high profile vehicles.
* Where flooding is occurring, water levels may rise on the
eastern edges of flood waters due to wave activity. These waves
may then overtop sandbags and or levees.
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected
or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph, or gusts
of 58 mph or more, can lead to property damage.
- Alabama - Flood Warning
- Alaska - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Colorado - Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Connecticut - Record Report
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Lake Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Kentucky - Flood Warning
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Flood Advisory
- Minnesota - Flood Warning
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Montana - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , High Wind Warning , Wind Advisory
- Nevada -
- New Hampshire - Avalanche Warning
- New Mexico - Fire Weather Warning
- North Carolina - Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Flood Watch
- Ohio - Flood Warning
- South Dakota - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning
- Tennessee - Flood Advisory
- Texas - Tropical Storm Warning , Storm Surge Watch, Tropical Storm Warning , Flood Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- Virgin Islands - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning
- Wyoming - Winter Weather Advisory