Current Watches and Warnings
Winter Storm Warning, Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 1:30 PM MDT on March 09, 2014
Expires 5:00 AM EDT on March 11, 2014
... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from midnight tonight
to 3 am MDT Tuesday for Kings Hill and Elk Park Pass and higher
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from noon Monday to
3 am MDT Tuesday for the foothills and lower elevation passes...
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow at Kings Hill and Elk Park
Pass remains in effect from midnight tonight to 3 am MDT Tuesday.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow for the foothills and lower
elevation passes remains in effect from noon Monday to 3 am MDT
* Timing and main impact: heavy snow will develop in the higher
mountains tonight with rain prevailing at lower elevations.
Snow levels will fall on Monday causing rain to change over to
snow over the plains. Wet heavy snow will make travel and
outdoor activities dangerous at pass level and above.
* Snow accumulations: one to two feet of snow can be expected
in the high mountains. Eight to twelve inches of snow will
affect Kings Hill Pass and Elk Park Pass. Lower elevation
passes... White Sulphur Springs and Lower Mountain areas
will likely receive 4 to 8 inches of snow. However... only
light snow amounts are expected at lower elevations.
* Visibility: visibility could be less than one half mile in
* Other impacts: wet and cold weather will result in dangerous
conditions for Newborn livestock.
* Locations affected include: White Sulphur Springs... Boulder...
Boulder Hill... Elk Park Pass... Homestake pass... Kings Hill
Pass... Flesher Pass... MacDonald Pass... Rogers Pass.
* To see a graphical representation of this hazard please visit
our web Page and click on the detailed hazards tab.
* To see a graphical representation of the degree of stress on
Young livestock please visit our web Page and click on the
canl link on the left side of the Page.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather
conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow
are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an
emergency. If you must... keep an extra flashlight... food... and
water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow
covered roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while
For specific Road and travel conditions in Montana... dial 5 1 1.
Areal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 1:47 PM MDT on March 09, 2014
Expires 1:00 PM EDT on March 10, 2014
The National Weather Service in Great Falls has continued the
* Urban and Small Stream Flood Advisory for melting snow in...
Meagher County in central Montana...
this includes the city of White Sulphur Springs...
* until 1100 am MDT Monday
* warm temperatures continue to melt snow sending moderate amounts
of melt water over some area roads. Small creeks and streams are
currently carrying higher amounts of water and are causing localized
Most flood deaths occur in automobiles. Never drive your vehicle into
areas where the water covers the roadway. Flood waters are usually
deeper than they appear. Just one foot of flowing water is powerful
enough to sweep vehicles off the Road. When encountering flooded
roads make the smart choice... turn around... dont drown.
To report flooding... have the nearest law enforcement agency relay
your report to the National Weather Service forecast office.
Lat... Lon 4619 11028 4619 11105 4627 11113 4641 11106
4645 11112 4644 11124 4663 11133 4664 11141
4681 11151 4684 11165 4691 11165 4692 11154
4700 11154 4701 11117 4709 11116 4709 11109
4700 11107 4699 11092 4668 11046 4671 11027
- Alaska - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Wind Chill Advisory , Special Statement
- Arizona - Fire Weather Watch
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- California - Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Flood Warning
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Flood Warning , Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Public Information Statement
- Illinois - Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Flood Warning
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Minnesota - Record Report
- Montana - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Storm Warning, Winter Weather Advisory , Avalanche Warning , Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory
- New Hampshire - Special Weather Statement
- New Mexico - High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Advisory
- North Carolina - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning
- Oregon - Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Hydrologic Statement
- South Dakota - Winter Storm Watch , Record Report
- Tennessee - Flood Warning
- Texas - High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Washington - Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Record Report
- Wyoming - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement , Record Report