Current Watches and Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 3:09 AM MDT on August 17, 2017
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on August 17, 2017
... Red flag warning remains in effect from noon today to 9 PM MDT
this evening for strong gusty winds and low rh for fire weather
zones 113, 115, and 117...
... Red flag warning in effect from noon to 9 PM MDT Friday for low
rh and strong gusty winds for fire weather zones 113, 115, and 117...
The National Weather Service in Great Falls has issued a red flag
warning, which is in effect from noon to 9 PM MDT Friday.
* Impacts: low humidities and strong gusty winds will create
erratic fire behavior and an increased risk of new fire starts.
* Affected area:
in north central Montana, fire weather zones 113, 115 and 117.
* Counties affected:
in central Montana, Cascade, Fergus, Judith Basin, Meagher.
In north central Montana, Blaine, Chouteau, hill.
* Wind: west 10 to 20 mph with gusts to 30 mph.
* Humidity: as low as 12 percent.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are
either occurring now, or will shortly. A combination of strong
winds, low relative humidity, and warm temperatures can contribute
to extreme fire behavior.
Please advise the appropriate officials or fire crews in these
areas of this red flag warning.
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Arkansas - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Heat Advisory
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Georgia - Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Hawaii - Special Statement , Record Report
- Illinois -
- Indiana - Beach Hazard Statement
- Iowa - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Areal Flood Warning , Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Heat Advisory
- Maine - High Surf Advisory
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Heat Advisory
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Montana - Fire Weather Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Nevada -
- New Mexico -
- New York -
- North Carolina - Heat Advisory , Special Statement
- North Dakota - Dense Fog Advisory
- Ohio -
- Oklahoma - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Oregon - Air Quality Alert
- Pennsylvania -
- Puerto Rico - Coastal Hazard Statement , Areal Flood Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement
- South Carolina - Heat Advisory , Special Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Virgin Islands - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Virginia - Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Beach Hazard Statement