Current Watches and Warnings
North Carolina, Mecklenburg
Areal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 2:18 AM EDT on September 19, 2014
Expires 4:00 AM EDT on September 19, 2014
The National Weather Service in Greenville-Spartanburg has issued an
* Urban and Small Stream Flood Advisory for heavy rainfall in...
eastern Mecklenburg County in the Piedmont of North Carolina...
* until 400 am EDT
* at 214 am EDT... National Weather Service Doppler radar indicated
thunderstorms with heavy rainfall across the advisory area. Doppler
radar estimated that between 0.5 and 1.5 inches of rain has fallen
over the advisory area within the past hour. Additional rainfall
amounts of up to two inches possible as a cluster of
thunderstorms continues to develop through 4 am.
* Runoff from this excessive rainfall will cause minor flooding to
occur... especially along small streams and near low water
crossings. Some locations that will experience minor flooding
include... Center City Charlotte... unc Charlotte... Eastland mall...
Freedom Park... Hidden Valley... I-77 at I-85... Matthews... McAlpine
creek park... Mint Hill... Northlake mall... Pineville... Southpark
mall... Starmount... the arboretum and The Plaza.
Excessive runoff from this storm will cause minor flooding of small
creeks and streams... urban areas... highways... streets and underpasses
as well as other drainage areas and low lying spots.
Be especially cautious at night when it is harder to recognize the
dangers of flooding. If flooding is observed act quickly. Do not
drive through areas where water covers the roadway.
Please report high water... flooding... landslides or other severe
weather to the National Weather Service Greenville Spartanburg by
calling toll free... 1... 800... 2 6 7... 8 1 0 1... or by posting on our
facebook Page... or tweet it using hashtag nwsgsp. Your message should
describe the event and the specific location where it occurred.
Lat... Lon 3503 8077 3503 8080 3501 8084 3510 8093
3537 8086 3537 8073 3535 8069 3527 8066
3525 8062 3521 8055
- Arizona - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Hydrologic Statement
- Kansas - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Maine - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory
- Nebraska - Record Report
- New Hampshire - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- New York - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flood Advisory
- Puerto Rico - Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
- South Carolina - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- South Dakota - Severe Thunderstorm Warning
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Hydrologic Statement , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Record Report
- Vermont - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Record Report
- Washington - Record Report
- Wyoming - Special Statement , Record Report