Current Watches and Warnings
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 11:02 AM CDT on June 30, 2016
... Severe thunderstorms Wednesday night...
Severe thunderstorms developed across north central Nebraska and
pushed southeastward through the overnight hours. The severe
storms brought areas of wind speeds in excess of 60 mph along with
a few reports of large hail and localized heavy rain. Below is a
list of local storm reports and rainfall amounts received as of
... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ..storm reports... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ..
.Time... ... event... ... city location... ... lat.Lon...
..date... ... .mag... . ..County location..St.. ... source... .
0844 PM tstm wnd gst Valentine 42.87n 100.55w
06/29/2016 M59.00 mph Cherry NE official NWS obs
0846 PM tstm wnd gst 1 ENE Valentine 42.88n 100.53w
06/29/2016 m58.00 mph Cherry NE mesonet
0854 PM tstm wnd dmg 1 W Valentine 42.87n 100.57w
06/29/2016 Cherry NE trained spotter
12 inch diameter tree limb broke off across the street
from a trained spotters house. Vtn ASOS was consistently
gusting to 59 mph for a duration of 10 minutes.
0856 PM tstm wnd gst Valentine 42.87n 100.55w
06/29/2016 m64.00 mph Cherry NE official NWS obs
0935 PM tstm wnd gst Ainsworth 42.55n 99.86w
06/29/2016 m62.00 mph Brown NE AWOS
1005 PM tstm wnd gst Mullen 42.04n 101.04w
06/29/2016 e60.00 mph Hooker NE co-op observer
60 mph winds blew 4 shingles off of roof.
1014 PM non-tstm wnd gst 27 S Valentine 42.48n 100.55w
06/29/2016 m60.00 mph Cherry NE Park/Forest srvc
Valentine RAWS measured 60 mph wind gust beneath the
stratiform precipitation region... well after the main
convective line had passed through.
1015 PM tstm wnd gst Newport 42.60n 99.33w
06/29/2016 m58.00 mph rock NE co-op observer
coop reported several large branches laying in yard.
1052 PM tstm wnd gst 8 WSW Stapleton 41.44n 100.65w
06/29/2016 e60.00 mph Logan NE public
radar estimated time of 1052pm CDT.
1107 PM hail 3 S Gandy 41.43n 100.46w
06/29/2016 e1.00 inch Logan NE trained spotter
1107 PM tstm wnd gst 3 S Gandy 41.43n 100.46w
06/29/2016 e60.00 mph Logan NE trained spotter
... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ..rainfall reports... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ..
... Brown County...
Ainsworth Airport 0.44 in
Ainsworth 0.31 in
... Cherry County...
Valentine 4n 0.20 in
Valentine 27s 0.17 in
Valentine 1w 0.05 in
Valentine 1ene 0.04 in
... Custer County...
Anselmo 2se 0.10 in
... Garden County...
Crescent Lake 0.81 in
Oshkosh 10ne 0.12 in
... Holt County...
Swan Lake 0.40 in
Chambers 0.08 in
Ewing 1n 0.02 in
... Hooker County...
Mullen 16sw 0.20 in
... Lincoln County...
nort Platte Airport 0.37 in
North Platte 1se 0.28 in
North Platte 1w 0.21 in
North Platte 4nne 0.20 in
Brady 0.17 in
... Logan County...
Stapleton 8wsw 1.00 in
Stapleton 0.43 in
... McPherson County...
Tryon 13ene 0.76 in
... Rock County...
Newport 0.53 in
... Thomas County...
Halsey 2w 0.45 in
Thedford Airport 0.32 in
Observations are collected from a variety of sources with varying
equipment and exposures. Not all data listed are considered official.
- Alaska - Areal Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Arizona - Air Quality Alert , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Public Information Statement
- California - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Areal Flood Advisory , Coastal Hazard Statement , Special Statement
- Georgia - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement, Air Quality Alert , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert
- Idaho - Severe Thunderstorm Warning
- Illinois - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Air Quality Alert , Beach Hazard Statement
- Iowa - Special Statement
- Kansas - Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Kentucky - Air Quality Alert
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement
- Minnesota - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Montana - Special Statement
- Nebraska - Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Record Report
- North Carolina - Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Special Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert , Special Statement
- Utah - Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Public Information Statement
- Washington - Fire Weather Warning
- West Virginia - Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Special Statement